Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	1071248
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180221_142619.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	1071249
    Mystery solved Oak is indeed a girl.
    These are her first lot of infertile eggs.
    If all goes well with setting up my first bioactive viv both Oak & Willow will be moving in together & maybe have some more little chahouas.

Leave a comment:

• AceGargoyles
    replied

Name:	IMG_20171019_203805.jpg
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	1071157

Name:	IMG_20171019_203753.jpg
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	1071158

Name:	IMG_20171019_203734.jpg
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	1071159
    My new Chahoua Willow

Leave a comment:

• AceGargoyles
    replied
    Well, fingers crossed getting Chahoua no. 2 next week, really excited.
    He is an adult male so I guess that if any time is good for Oak to develop a bulge it would be typically now! Lol. What will be will be.

Leave a comment:

• AceGargoyles
    replied
    Yes indeed they are very cute.
    If it wasn't for their size by now I would have a leachie too.
    What with my gargoyles & now Oak my chahoua there's no long-term room at the inn for a big setup they would require.
    I had to shuffle my vivs around & move my incubator into another room to make way for Oak. I have this thing about keeping them all together in one room or the hobby might take over the house.
    I felt it was risky moving incubator to another room but it was worth it as Oak is one great chewie, so funny to watch, pretty colourful with red tones too.
    Downside is when I go to check on eggs in incubator I keep thinking about how I might fit another large viv next too it, & I have to pinch myself & come back to earth & keep telling myself you have enough geckos!

Leave a comment:

• Irish Eyes
    replied
    I can understand that! My Nuu Ami x Nuu Ana Leachie isn't as colorful as most Chewies, but I love him/her. Just a baby atm, but I love the way they and the chewies look like wrinkly, cuddly teddy bears with huge eyes :-).

Leave a comment:

• AceGargoyles
    replied
    Hi yes he is very cute & so comical to watch I can't see myself passing her or him on anytime soon. I was seriously considering getting another & although I don't have plans to breed at present it would make sense if I was to get another to have one of the opposite sex. This is tricky if I don't know this one's gender. I'm not in a rush but would have been useful to confirm. Whatever gender she/he is she/he has become one of my favourite geckos.
    Last edited by AceGargoyles; 09-10-2017, 04:17 AM.

Leave a comment:

• AceGargoyles
    replied

Name:	IMG_20170909_200536.jpg
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	1071091

Name:	IMG_20170909_195706.jpg
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	1071092

Name:	IMG_20170909_200141.jpg
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	1071093
    Sorry not great pictures again will try to find camera out again!
    Oak is 44g now

Leave a comment:

• Irish Eyes
    replied
    Awwww. What a cutie! If it turns out not to be the gender you want, you can always send it my way .

Leave a comment:

• AceGargoyles
    replied

Name:	IMG_20170908_215847.jpg
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	1071090
    So she/he's now 44g I will try to get some up to date pictures over weekend.
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Lovelyanddekstest
    replied
    Can you post more pictures? What's the weight? Everything that I've ever heard, said that cheeses are always hard to tell and can take a long time.

Leave a comment:

• Irish Eyes
    replied
    I really don't know--I have no experience with them. I have heard, though, that it can take a LONG time until they're ready to breed, so perhaps they are "late bloomers"?

Leave a comment:

• AceGargoyles
    replied
    Still don't know for sure but still looks female to me no real sign of a bulge & at a year old now. Guess I could still be wrong if late bloomer?

Leave a comment:

• Irish Eyes
    replied
    Did you ever figure out what Oak's gender is? Inquiring (newbie) minds want to know :-).

Leave a comment:

• AceGargoyles
    replied
    No looks like I can't as its attachment for phone & only one setting of x60 & can't get it to focus at any distance except right up close despite moving the focus which made very little if any distance between phone & item to be viewed.maybe I'll have to give up & just to be patient!

Leave a comment:

• AceGargoyles
    replied
    Will try oak is a nightmare to try to take a picture of as soon as I move the loupe back a bit he moves on & all I have left is either a closeup of my hand or the chair!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X