I am sorry. another what gender is my gecko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am sorry. another what gender is my gecko

I am confused with my chahoua gender. I thought 44 grams was big enough to know for sure now. I always thought it was a boy till today. I notice the bulge I have always looked as is in the wrong place. Now I am trying to figure out whats going on with "her"
    She was born june 2012. Could it be possible she is obese or her manly parts grew on the wrong side aha

I would say female..
    Correlophus ciliatus x5 (Bella, mango, tiny, butterscotch and daisy, and yes daisy is a boy)

Mniargekko Chahoua x1 (Java chip)

Rhombodera stalli x5

Comment

I don't know much about chewies, but is that bulge above the vent supposed to be there? Correct me if I'm wrong, but that doesn't look right...
      Mary Frizzell
      Check out my Facebook page at "Good Luck Geckos"

Comment

Any better pictures of the underside vent area? I know the gecko's 44 grams, but it looks like it has a bulge that somehow moved up? Or that's an abscess, or it a normal thing that I don't know about...
        Mary Frizzell

Comment

It's probably loose skin or fat..
          Correlophus ciliatus x5 (Bella, mango, tiny, butterscotch and daisy, and yes daisy is a boy)

Mniargekko Chahoua x1 (Java chip)

Rhombodera stalli x5

Comment

Thats what I am thinking but she or he has had it for a while. I soak it and thought it was poo or back up but it poops fine.

Comment

Originally posted by sparklefashion View Post
              Any better pictures of the underside vent area? I know the gecko's 44 grams, but it looks like it has a bulge that somehow moved up? Or that's an abscess, or it a normal thing that I don't know about...
              I will take better pictures outside. But it looks like 2 perfectly round balls aha I don't know if they can grow on the wrong side or if that's fat. It acts fine and I had it since practically birth.

Comment

I only have one chewie, but that fatty bulge above the vent doesn't look right. Females can get swellings and infections around their vents, so I would take her to see an experienced reptile veterinarian. Even if she is a "wrong way" male, a vet should really take a look. Good luck with her! She's beautiful.
                Specializing in Crested Geckos
                Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
                Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
                Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook

Comment

I lied. I took this picture on 3/9/2013.

Now here is todays outside pictures

And them squished to be perfectly round. Idk.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyral View Post
                    I only have one chewie, but that fatty bulge above the vent doesn't look right. Females can get swellings and infections around their vents, so I would take her to see an experienced reptile veterinarian. Even if she is a "wrong way" male, a vet should really take a look. Good luck with her! She's beautiful.
                    I will take her to a vet. Looking now it now the skin is pulled and I can see the skin under the scales. But I swear I also seem some pores? Maybe. Idk what I am looking at anymore ahah.

Comment

Hmm.. I am definitely seeing pores on that one photo you posted. But I would expect them, with that size "male", to be more waxy and very easily noticed. Pseudo pores maybe? I would still recommend a vet visit. I hope everything is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by ET Geckos View Post
                        Hmm.. I am definitely seeing pores on that one photo you posted. But I would expect them, with that size "male", to be more waxy and very easily noticed. Pseudo pores maybe? I would still recommend a vet visit. I hope everything is ok.
                        I see pores too, but they're not in a specific place, there more scattered around above the vent instead of in a row.
                        Mary Frizzell

Comment

Working...
                        X