New Male PI - Lycopodium :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Male PI - Lycopodium :)

Since my first chahoua is turning out to be a lovely lady, I've been keeping an eye out for a male to eventually pair her too Last week I was lucky to be able to pick up this pretty pastel boy originally produced by the Minagerie out of Bubbles x Tabitha from Scaredy Cat Geckos. He lost his tail to a bin lid accident but he's absolutely fine without it and looks pretty cute as a potato imo

This is going to be his intended partner, Lichen, when both are up to the correct size and weight:

She was produced by Ernie Wagner and is developing a lot of interesting oranges and pinks as she grows with a distinct lack of green.
    The Harlequin Hoard Facebook Page
    My BOI Thread
    My iHerp

Lichen, I get, but Lycopodium? Why not Selaginella?
    (Gorgeous gekkers, btw. . .)
    3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

Treebiscuit - Lyco ( or full Lycopodium ) is mostly because I have a soft spot for those silly little clubmosses after spending a whole summer tracking down the three species we have in my state for a research project ha Also I like the ring of Lyco x Lichen for a pairing in the future. I might keep Selaginella in mind for the next chewie though I like the idea of themeing them all after primitive plantlife.
      The Harlequin Hoard Facebook Page
      My BOI Thread
      My iHerp

Comment

Great pairing! Lichen is so unique and your photography is quite beautiful, really brings out their colors
        http://emilyburke.carbonmade.com
        https://www.facebook.com/EmilyBurkeArtwork

Comment

Yup. If they have hatchlings, you can call one Selaginella and the other Isoetes.
          3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

Working...
          X