Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• calcium crash?

Hi!
    My female chewie laid her first dud egg a few weeks ago. And then a few days ago i noticed her tail is now very kinked and she has lost a few grams.
    I know after laying an egg can cause the calcium levels to go down, but is it strange the tail didnt kink straight after laying but instead happened a week or so later?
    I feed her the crested gecko diet (she never took to repashy) and for the past 4 months she has not been interested in crickets at all. I have been adding a little extra calcium to her cgd and making sure i am misting well because i know a kinked tail can be a cause of dehydration too but there has been no change.
    Will it take a while to get her tail back to normal and should i pick up some rescue cal to give her?
    Any advice would be great!
    Sas

2.0.0 crested geckos (blink and whiskey)
    1.0.0 veiled chameleon (Dexter)

It could take a few weeks if she had a major calcium drop to recover. I think rescue cal could be worth a try to see if it helps. Just keep misting thoroughly as it could be a combo of low calcium and dehydration.

Comment

It wouldn't hurt to give her some saunas with pediolyte to boost her hydration and get some electrolytes in her. Unflavored of course. Good luck

Rachodactylus Ciliatus

MUNKEY, PEACHES, MORROW, THIMBLE, KILI, GOLLUM, FALCOR, CHEECH & VALENTINE

Rachodactylus Auriculatus
      1.2.1 KEKO, ARRO, PEBBLES & FALCOR

Comment

Last night i noticed she had laid another egg! So that explains why the tail had kinked. Her first 2 eggs in 2 weeks must have taken a lot on her body. So i am going to do what you have both suggested. Thanx for the advice!
        Sas

2.0.0 crested geckos (blink and whiskey)
        1.0.0 veiled chameleon (Dexter)

Comment

Isopods ?

Comment

What do isopods have to do with anything? And what do you mean you feed her crested gecko diet? Repashy is a brand of CGD.
            Correlophus ciliatus x5 (Bella, mango, tiny, butterscotch and daisy, and yes daisy is a boy)

Mniargekko Chahoua x1 (Java chip)

Rhombodera stalli x5

Comment

Sorry, what I mean is I have a colony of woodlice living in my Mossy's tank, which I think have a lot of calcium in their shells. She should recover from the kinked tail after laying eggs. My Mossy geckos like Clarks.

Comment

Oh okay.. And yea supplement her food with some calcium.. Chahouas are know to have big calcium crashes after eggs
                Correlophus ciliatus x5 (Bella, mango, tiny, butterscotch and daisy, and yes daisy is a boy)

Mniargekko Chahoua x1 (Java chip)

Rhombodera stalli x5

Comment

Working...
                X