Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first chahoua

I got my first chahoua yesterday.
    I was told he is a pure PI and his line track back to frank fast, but I'm gonna track and check all of that when I have some more free time.
    He is a litlle over 7 months now, Maybe next year I'm gonna look for a female for him, really would love a white shoulder PI female, so have to do some searching and saving. But first I have to make sure he is a PI.

Here are the pictures.

So hope you like him as much as I do.
    www.everyones-gecko.com

2.3.x C.Ciliatus; 1.2 M.Chahoua (Mainland); 1.2 E.Agricolae
    1.2 E.Macularius
    1.1 L.Steindachneri; 1.2 D.Granariensis. Granariensis

Wow he's very cute! Congrats!

Comment

Cute! Lots of orange too!
      0.0.1 R. ciliatus
      1.0 R. auriculatus
      0.0.1 R. leachianus

Comment

It's really hard to visually distinguish PI from mainland chahoua. I am not an expert, although I've done a lot of research and looked at a lot of pics, and watched the Gecko Symposium talk from 2011 with Philippe de Vosjoli and Allen Repashy. So given the explanations I've seen, with the big eyes and relatively short snout, he could be a mainland. His coloring also seems more "mainland", but colors can vary across locales as well.

I think that most of the chewies that we see are probably a mixture of the two, and possibly a third line (not distinct species but perhaps an intergrade between the two). Check out that video, it's long but the section on chewies has a lot of pictures of the three "locales".
        Specializing in Crested Geckos
        Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
        Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
        Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook

Comment

thanks everyone.

@Spyral: Yeah I know, somebody already told me that he kinda looks mainland and that is the reason why I want to track back the line to the importer.
          Also thanks for the link to the video, I watched a bit about it once, but didn't see it all the way.
          www.everyones-gecko.com

2.3.x C.Ciliatus; 1.2 M.Chahoua (Mainland); 1.2 E.Agricolae
          1.2 E.Macularius
          1.1 L.Steindachneri; 1.2 D.Granariensis. Granariensis

Comment

Working...
          X