If you breed R. chahoua, then you should study this face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you breed R. chahoua, then you should study this face

Because this is the face of a momma chahoua who will bite you if you come near her eggs. Took Kyle about 20 minutes to figure out how to get them out of her exo last night.

But hey, that means we have eggs! Let's hope they are fertile, both are first-timers.
    Krystal

Gekkonidazed Geckos

How did he manage to get them out?
    1.0 Dog; 1.0 Leopard Gecko;10.5 Crested Geckos; 1.1Gargoyle Geckos; 1.3 Sarasinorum; 5.3.7PI Chahoua; 2.2 E. Agricolae; 1.1 Nuu Ana, 0.1 Isle E, 0.2 G. Marginata, 1.0 L. Williamsi And interested in a few others

Comment

Originally posted by insane1818 View Post
      How did he manage to get them out?
      It involved some sticks and using the laybox as a shield. She charged at him numerous times and he had to jump back, haha.
      Krystal

Gekkonidazed Geckos

Comment

Hahaha, I bet that was funny to watch. Oh and Congrats on the new eggs.
        1.0 Dog; 1.0 Leopard Gecko;10.5 Crested Geckos; 1.1Gargoyle Geckos; 1.3 Sarasinorum; 5.3.7PI Chahoua; 2.2 E. Agricolae; 1.1 Nuu Ana, 0.1 Isle E, 0.2 G. Marginata, 1.0 L. Williamsi And interested in a few others

Comment

Congrats! That's one good momma
          Nautilus Reptiles on Facebook - iHerp

Comment

Next time...I want a video LOL
            My iHerp Page

http://www.facebook.com/TaraLeighsCresties

Comment

Originally posted by tlbowling View Post
              Next time...I want a video LOL

I should have just filmed me trying to put Laila's food bowl in her tank. She also laid eggs over the weekend, and omg she almost got me! Man they get so scary about their eggs.

I had to spray her in the face to get her to back off. She just sat there with her mouth open. Tokay wannabe.
              Krystal

Gekkonidazed Geckos

Comment

Haha congrats, Krystal! This year, my boys have been way snappier than the girls. They don't want me anywhere near their women...or their tanks!

Sounds like you guys are off to a good season
                Charming Chewies: Specializing in Grand Terre and Pine Isle locales of chahoua.

Comment

If you wait a couple of days to take the eggs out, do the females forget about them and calm down or do they stay that way until you take them?
                  www.samanthasgeckos.com
                  http://www.facebook.com/SamanthasGeckos

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha12986 View Post
                    If you wait a couple of days to take the eggs out, do the females forget about them and calm down or do they stay that way until you take them?
                    If I see eggs, I get them out immediately. I've never left eggs in an enclosure so I can't answer that question.
                    Krystal

Gekkonidazed Geckos

Comment

A clear deli cup in mom's face works pretty well too. Since she can still see you she won't try to get around it.

I actually had a momma Crested attack me this summer as I was digging up her eggs. She lunged at my fingers from her spot on the cork tube. Really startled me! Could have been a feeding response but really felt like she was defending her eggs.

--John
                      3.8.4 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
                      3.8.1 Rhacodactylus chahoua 'Pine Isle'
                      1 Big Dumb Yellow Lab

Jasper Sailfin Geckos on facebook

Comment

One of my females is very protective of her eggs too, she guards them pretty hardcore.
                        -Justin-

Leachianus - Chahoua - Ciliatus

http://www.facebook.com/JTReptile

Comment

Sorry to revive an old post but I have a quick question. I just got my first eggs last night from my female chewie. She was guarding them pretty ferociously and it took me a while to get them. After I took the eggs, she went back to the same spot where they were and is still guarding and actually lunged at the glass when I leaned down to see if she ate last night (she did). How long will she keep guarding that spot? Do they keep it up for a few days or will she stop soon? I feel really bad for her :-/
                          www.samanthasgeckos.com

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha12986 View Post
                            Sorry to revive an old post but I have a quick question. I just got my first eggs last night from my female chewie. She was guarding them pretty ferociously and it took me a while to get them. After I took the eggs, she went back to the same spot where they were and is still guarding and actually lunged at the glass when I leaned down to see if she ate last night (she did). How long will she keep guarding that spot? Do they keep it up for a few days or will she stop soon? I feel really bad for her :-/
                            Mine typically guard it for a few days and sometimes up to a week.
                            -Justin-

Leachianus - Chahoua - Ciliatus

http://www.facebook.com/JTReptile

Comment

Thank you for the response. She only did it for 2 days but in the future, I will know not to worry if she does it for longer than that.
                              www.samanthasgeckos.com

Comment

Working...
                              X