Sammy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sammy

So I didn't think at the beginning of the week I'd end up buying a Chahoua! Meet (tentatively named) Sammy

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2515.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	1074878Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2505.jpg
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	1074874Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2506.jpg
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	1074875Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2507.jpg
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	1074876Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2512.jpg
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	1074877 (first picture is sort of accurate to his color, the light is far from ideal today and I didn't want to stress him out by dinking around with settings)

He's a PI, bred by Mountain Gecko's, approximately 3 years old 45grams ish (will weigh him when he calms down a bit for exact number). He's a bity jumpy, hasn't been handled a whole lot but he calms down after a few minutes of being held, then he's just a little bundle of sweetheart. Got him set up in a sterile set-up in the 18x18x24, however I might switch him over in a couple days to a naturalistic set-up I feel he will feel more comfortable in and just lay some paper towel so I can see if he's pooping. Original owner says he eats like a pig, which puts me at ease. Overall he's such a sweetie, the price was right, his colors were perfect, original owner was great so I ended up with my first chahoua!

Going to work with him some more in a few days on handling but for now he just gets to sit and look pretty. So yes! I just had to share my excitement!
    0.0.1 - Abel Gideon - Northern BTS
    1.0 - Timey Wimey - Crested Gecko
    1.0 - Sammy - Chahoua

Oliver has found a new forever home

Congrats! Lovely gecko!

Comment

Very nice! Congrats!

Comment

Thanks guys. He's got some stuck shed on his nose (he had a bit on his leg that I managed to swab off) that's being a pain in the rac to get off. Hopefully a few sauna's will do the trick. First day though and he licked the CGD spoon clean and chilled with me for a good thirty mins he's such a sweetie. He likes it when I click my tongue at him and tolerated a kiss on his little head. I also set up the natural tank for him today. It's just got more room for him to hide and sit and feel comfortable, plus the humidity is more consistent, so despite not being able to see really if he's pooping, I think it's better, i'll just make sure to check his food bowl and let him lick the spoon after mixing So far I think i'm in love though! What a great species!
        0.0.1 - Abel Gideon - Northern BTS
        1.0 - Timey Wimey - Crested Gecko
        1.0 - Sammy - Chahoua

Oliver has found a new forever home

Comment

Lovely chewie! Congrats
          Nautilus Reptiles on Facebook - iHerp

Comment

Working...
          X