Chahoua hunting style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chahoua hunting style

I was feeding one of my juvi chahoua as I always do and was just amazed with the hunting skills....

Aeon will actually use his hands to either hold down a cricket or to assist getting it into his mouth. It happens so quick but it seems to be his specialty. My other chahoua don't really do this but I thought it was pretty neat...

Aeon Lovess wax worms... Only give these once a month or so as they are super fatty

Thrice reminds me of a Tokay with the whole head shaking thing once he has a bug in his mouth. Too cute, I should take a video

And a few updated pictures of Thrice's colours coming in

Do your chahoua act like tokays or use their arms to assist in bug catching? Do they do anything odd/interesting?

I'd love for you to share
    ~ S a m a n t h a ~

Cresties, Gargoyles, Chahoua
    & a Labrador Retriever

Beautiful Chahouas I like how Aeon is holding down the cricket in the first pic, pretty cool.

Comment

Originally posted by poison_iv View Post
      Beautiful Chahouas I like how Aeon is holding down the cricket in the first pic, pretty cool.
      Thank you . These two are turning out wonderfully, I couldn't be more happy.

Aeon does that all the time, it's pretty neat. Sometimes he will even catch the cricket with his hands and then right into his mouth with it.
      ~ S a m a n t h a ~

& a Labrador Retriever

Comment

That's aWESome!
        Believe it or not, I've actually seen my Chewie use his hand once too!
        4.3.0 Rhacodactylus leachianus - Yatè, Mt. Koghis, Rivière Bleue, purple Nuu Ana, Poindimiè
        3.2.0 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
        1.1.0 Gekko gecko
        2.1.0 Python regius

Comment

Originally posted by Metal_Gecko View Post
          That's aWESome!
          Believe it or not, I've actually seen my Chewie use his hand once too!
          I thought it was really cute . Chahoua are so intelligent for geckos
          ~ S a m a n t h a ~

& a Labrador Retriever

Comment

People need to stop posting pictures of their chewies, it's giving me a bad itch to get one. Great shots!
            Formerly known as eel588, new name same great taste!

Comment

Originally posted by eel588 View Post
              People need to stop posting pictures of their chewies, it's giving me a bad itch to get one. Great shots!
              I highlyyy recommend you do it!!
              ~ S a m a n t h a ~

& a Labrador Retriever

Comment

Working...
              X