I'm getting a chewie! :')

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm getting a chewie! :')

First of all: thank-you to the handful of awesome people who responded to my advertisement looking for a chewie! I really, truly appreciate it. I'd take them all home with me if I could. You guys have some gorgeous animals and I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding wonderful homes for them. Again: thank-you!

After several days of pondering (and I apologize again for the several days of radio silence as I made my considerations), I decided to go with a Mainland hatchling produced by Mike of Dragontown Reptiles. He's been great to correspond with so far and I'm looking forward to the day (sometime in September, when baby chewie's old enough and the weather's cooled down a tad) when it comes home to live with me! It's my very first chewie and I've been wanting one for a long while now.

He took some pictures for me last night, which I'm posting with his permission:

You can see pictures of the parents here; they are Paul and Paulina.

I will naturally post updates as soon as baby chewie comes home. In the meantime, I'd love some name suggestions. As you can tell by my current geckos' names, the weirder, the better. :P Some I have so far are: Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, Shenanigans and Roagnaar the Red, lol.

Thanks for looking!
    Please call me Kat!
    0.3.1 Rhacodactylus ciliatus: Toothless, deadmau5, Cake Batter & Mallo Cup
    1.0.0 Mainland Rhacodactylus chahoua: Dr. Zoidberg
    Rest in peace, Junk Drawer (06/10/2009 - 11/19/2011)

Thanks again Kat.... I may have to reconsider if the name is TOO silly.... wouldn't want it to get back to the other geckos!
    Mike
    www.dragontownreptiles.com

Comment

nice addition you are getting have not seen many mainlands i see a lot of white collared P.I. on here. I will be waiting for you to get the little one and start posting updates, you will not be disapointed with a chewie in the least. They are very interested with what is going on around them and my little guy is content with just chilling on my hand for a good twenty minutes. He is still young and new to me but he quickly becoming my fav.
      Darren

Comment

Congrats

What a cutie ^^

And ..finally...
        Contrast Cresties (facebook)

Comment

Congratulations Kathleen! That must have been one hard decision! What a cutie!
          My iHerp Page

http://www.facebook.com/TaraLeighsCresties

Comment

Originally posted by Dragontown View Post
            Thanks again Kat.... I may have to reconsider if the name is TOO silly.... wouldn't want it to get back to the other geckos!
            Oh, it's going to be silly -- or unique, at least! I just want to make sure my beloved baby chewie has a name as awesome as it is, you know.

Originally posted by dron2124 View Post
            nice addition you are getting have not seen many mainlands i see a lot of white collared P.I. on here. I will be waiting for you to get the little one and start posting updates, you will not be disapointed with a chewie in the least. They are very interested with what is going on around them and my little guy is content with just chilling on my hand for a good twenty minutes. He is still young and new to me but he quickly becoming my fav.
            Thanks! I see more PIs around too and always assumed they were more "popular" for whatever reason, though that's just my impression. I've heard a lot about chewies being relatively personable, so I look forward to getting to know mine.

Originally posted by Ilona View Post
            Congrats

What a cutie ^^

And ..finally...
            Thank-you! I know, right?

Originally posted by tlbowling View Post
            Congratulations Kathleen! That must have been one hard decision! What a cutie!
            Thank-you! Yes, there were several nice babies shown to me, from some great breeders here. But I'm pretty sure this particular baby and I were meant to be, lol... it has everything I was looking for and it was born on my mom's birthday.
            Please call me Kat!

Comment

Putting these here so I don't forget (feel free to share opinions... you especially, Mike, lol):

- Frolic
              - ‽ (pronounced "Interrobang")
              - Dr. Zoidberg
              - Wibble
              - Beetlejuice
              - Parallax
              - Billabong

Dang, there's some I know I'm forgetting... I'll edit them if/when I remember.
              Please call me Kat!

Comment

ZOIDBERG!!!
                Mike
                www.dragontownreptiles.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dragontown View Post
                  ZOIDBERG!!!
                  My boyfriend was like, "That's the name," when I suggested this one, lol.
                  Please call me Kat!

Comment

I'd go for something no one else has, and I know of a chahoua named Frolic already

Being as unique as possible means when someone searches your animal's name, only YOUR threads come up
                    Meg
                    THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
                    on facebook

Comment

Cute little guy! Looking forward to see him develop.
                      Eric
                      1.2.7.4 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
                      1.0 Phelsuma laticauda

Comment

Originally posted by meg90 View Post
                        I'd go for something no one else has, and I know of a chahoua named Frolic already

Being as unique as possible means when someone searches your animal's name, only YOUR threads come up
                        Aw, I'll have to look up this Frolic. Thanks for the pro-tip! That's what I'm trying to do: pick a name that's entirely unique.

I searched for "Dr. Zoidberg" for gits and shiggles and there have actually been a handful of them, lol...

Originally posted by Midland View Post
                        Cute little guy! Looking forward to see him develop.
                        Thanks! Me too. I browsed a lot of the threads in this forum yesterday and saw how much they change over time. Should be exciting.
                        Please call me Kat!

Comment

Frolic is my chewie lol! This is her:

Grats on your new chewie, I think Zoidberg is a cute name, but I'm sure there are tons of other Frolics out there too lol.

Comment

Originally posted by sungmina View Post
                            Frolic is my chewie lol! This is her:

Grats on your new chewie, I think Zoidberg is a cute name, but I'm sure there are tons of other Frolics out there too lol.
                            Omg! I lahv her. I've been looking at pictures of yours (and Meg's... and everyone's...) beautiful chewie collections lately. I'm very envious; you have so many absolutely pretty critters.

I like that your Frolic is a girl. If I do go with Dr. Zoidberg, I totally hope it turns out female...
                            Please call me Kat!

Comment

Writing these down before I forget:

- Sprocket
                              - Jabberwocky
                              - Mr. Spreckles
                              - Lurch

Looking at literary-inspired names (particularly Dr. Seuss).
                              Please call me Kat!

Comment

Working...
                              X