vines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vines?

How many people have vines in there tank? and if you do does your chewie really use it much or no?
    Darren

No. Bamboo and corkbark galore here

Comment

If its fat, and has some texture a chewie will use it. I've used vines in my tanks, but not those thing spindly things--something like this:
      Meg
      THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
      on facebook

Comment

only vine i got is the exo terra stuff. And my guy won't touch bamboo for his life, it mite be to smooth for him i guess? not sure though, I guess im sticking with cork flats cork rounds and some sticks with a hide on the bottom.
        Darren

Comment

I use the Exo Terra vines. My guys like them. I have bamboo, but it isn't used often. They prefer the corkbark and vine.

Comment

I use thick wild vines I cut down from outside approximately 1-2" in diameter throughout all of my tanks. Chahouas love to creep along vines and I have even seen them mimic the curly vines with their tails! I have some bamboo in one of their tanks which they do use but not as often so the smoothness conclusion may be accurate.
            Rhachic
            www.goodlifeherps.weebly.com
            specializing in rhacodactylus

Comment

A non-chewie owner here. Do they ever hide in plastic vines covered in leaves the way cresties do? (As opposed to using heavy vines to climb on.)
              Eric
              1.2.7.4 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
              1.0 Phelsuma laticauda

Comment

Originally posted by Midland View Post
                A non-chewie owner here. Do they ever hide in plastic vines covered in leaves the way cresties do? (As opposed to using heavy vines to climb on.)
                They may sometimes but in my experience they much prefer to be hiding in plain sight on corkbark or inside of a corkbark tube.

Comment

That's what I thought - another thing to tuck away in my memory for when I buy mine. Thanks for the info.
                  Eric
                  1.2.7.4 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
                  1.0 Phelsuma laticauda

Comment

yea mine has a favorite spot on his cork bark, there is a little dip that he fits half his body in perfect.
                    Darren

Comment

Working...
                    X