Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone ever witnessed this behavior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone ever witnessed this behavior?

I came across an info page about chahouas and at the bottom it stated:
    "Some juveniles will exhibit a unique defensive behavior. When threatened, they will curl up in a ball and drop from a limb onto the ground. They will then remain immobile and in this curled position for an extended period of time."

Maybe this is mostly about wild chewies but has anyone heard about this or seen it?
    Nautilus Reptiles on Facebook - iHerp

I had an adult male do it to me once. He was a new gecko at that point, and very flighty. Jumped off my arm, curled into a ball and dropped onto the ground. He stayed stationary for a few seconds, then unwound himself and bolted!
    Charming Chewies: Specializing in Grand Terre and Pine Isle locales of chahoua.

Comment

Never.
      Mike
      www.dragontownreptiles.com

Comment

Originally posted by MPLexus301 View Post
        I had an adult male do it to me once. He was a new gecko at that point, and very flighty. Jumped off my arm, curled into a ball and dropped onto the ground. He stayed stationary for a few seconds, then unwound himself and bolted!
        Very interesting..

Comment

Never saw it, but it's known as the "chahoua cannon-ball".

So far, my god-gecko-in-residence hasn't tried this.

Love and Light-
          Donna

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts soon happens to the man. All things are connected."-Chief Seattle

Comment

"chahoua cannon-ball" Haha! Love it.

Comment

my chewie curls up some times but he has never really jumped he walks and runs some times by my chewie is not a jumper. Which I like a lot, My garg is a huge jumper that is all she does when she is out is jump jump jump.
              Darren

Comment

Here's a reference to it-

http://ciliatus.com/forums/index.php...40.html#msg240
                Love and Light-
                Donna

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts were gone, man would die from a great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts soon happens to the man. All things are connected."-Chief Seattle

Comment

I had a very young one do that once, luckily it wasn't far for him to fall. But he did roll a little way on the floor before uncurling and then making a run for it
                  www.Rhac-Shack.co.uk
                  11.20. ? - R. ciliatus.
                  2.2.1 - R. chahoua.
                  2.2. - R sarasinorum.
                  1.5 - R auriculatus.
                  1.1 - R. leachianus leachianus Mt Kogis.

Comment

One of my adults did that when I was prepping everything to move to the new house this past winter. Probably the funniest thing I've seen one of my geckos do.

Comment

I am a little upset I have not seen this yet. I kinda want to pick on my zetsu to see it lol. But thats mean i cant do that
                      Darren

Comment

I'm actually picking up my very first chahoua from the FedEx facility in a couple of hours. I've been waiting for this day for what seems like an eternity. Maybe he/she will give me the privilege of experiencing the chahoua cannonball, haha.

Comment

Chahoua cannon ball...classic! Neither of mine have ever done this, but I think they are just too lazy to bother. I want to witness this now! I had a garg play dead for me once when I picked her up, but then she relaxed and hasn't done it since.
                          https://www.facebook.com/Creptileroom

Comment

A friend of mine had one of his do it and it rolled away before uncurling and running off. Only did it once and it was a hatchling when it happened.
                            Rhachic
                            www.goodlifeherps.weebly.com
                            specializing in rhacodactylus

Comment

I have seen it in hatchlings! I thought I was imagining things till my husband saw another hatchling do it!! Since then I have seen several hatchlings do it. It is too funny... Well it's funny after you catch your Chahoua!

Comment

Working...
                              X