Chahoua tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chahoua tank

I was woundering if for a chahoua setup if you could make a land/water type tank. Also if you can have acqatic turtels with the chahoua in the same enclosure? just curious. thanks

Im not sure keeping turtles with a chahoua gecko is smart.
    I wouldnt reccomend it. They need two totally different enviorments.
    1.0.0 Rose hair
    1.0.0 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
    1.0.0 Cockatiel
    0.2.0 Parakeet
    0.2.0 Ferrets

Comment

would it be ok to have a water/land tank for the chewie though?

Comment

Im not sure, i personally wouldnt. Id be terrified at the thought of my beloved gecko drowning. JMO, ill let others chime in.
        1.0.0 Rose hair
        1.0.0 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
        1.0.0 Cockatiel
        0.2.0 Parakeet
        0.2.0 Ferrets

Comment

I keep my chewie in a tub with a water dish. this way he can get a drink if he wants one but i wouldn't do a part water section. Chewies are known to be a fan of living higher in trees then crested or gargs. They love there cork bark so id say use a ton of cork bark, cork rounds, cork flats any thing that is cork bark really.
          Darren

Comment

Originally posted by Patternless crested View Post
            Im not sure, i personally wouldnt. Id be terrified at the thought of my beloved gecko drowning. JMO, ill let others chime in.

For the reason of possible drowning,being eaten by the turtles, or just turning into a plain mess of a tank. I certainly wouldn't.

Why take the risk ?

Comment

i'd worry about the turtle and possible problems but definitely about a drwoning possibility. not worth having the feature.just my opinion though.
              good luck.

Comment

Definitely a no on the turtles as they would see a tail as food if not nibble the whole gecko entirely. Also, keep in mind that a turtle will make the water dirty much faster which would require extremely frequent water changes to insure that your gecko did not drink water that was too filthy for it (just because the turtle is fine with it doesn't mean the gecko can handle it).
                However, the water feature is totally fine, and i'm speaking from experience. Chahoua will swim on occasion and seem to find interest in watching flowing water and fish. I wouldn't do 1/2 the tank but 1/4 should be no problem as long as you have a lot of easy exit points. I have an adult female that used to anchor her tail on a branch and sprawl out on top of the water...no clue why but she'd do it for 30 min stretches randomly. She never drown or needed assistance.
                This is the only pic I have of her deciding to go for a dip.

I kept 4 adults in the same tank for several years with no issue, though she was the only one that would flat out go for a swim. The others would still come down and watch the drips falling into the tank from the waterfall above or watch the guppies swimming in the aquarium. Both my cresteds and chahoua would watch the dripping water frequently.
                Rhachic
                www.goodlifeherps.weebly.com
                specializing in rhacodactylus

Comment

Working...
                X