Despite FedEx being morons...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Despite FedEx being morons...

Well it's been a rough start... I had been waiting and anticipating a package this morning to arrive. I even left bright, colored post-it notes with big, bold permanent marker writing on them saying to ring the doorbell a lot and wait!

Did FedEx ring the doorbell? Nope... Did they leave the box on the porch? Yep. Thankfully I was checking the door every minute.

So I prance downstairs with my box after finding it abandoned on the porch, happy as could be. I open it, take out the container, and see the tiny little baby staring back at me. My heart melted and I go to reach in... and the little brat chirps and bites me! Scared me more than anything. But I can forgive him, I'd bite too.

So after finally getting him into my hand and calming down, I got a few photos with my phone. I'm waiting to really choose a name... but with this little one being my first chewie, and my nerdtastic love for Star Wars, I'd really like to name him after my favorite character: Darth Vader. Vader for short.

Well without further babbling... Vader!

Note: The little one has some shed on its shoulder... I don't want to stress him out further with a sauna... but should I take care of it now or wait til I get home tonight? (at work currently)

Congrats on the little chewie!!

A lot of geckos shed during shipment. If it's still on there tonight, I'd do a sauna, but I would bet it'll be gone.

Who'd you get this lil one from?
    Krystal

Gekkonidazed Geckos

Comment

Originally posted by that_girl View Post
      Congrats on the little chewie!!

A lot of geckos shed during shipment. If it's still on there tonight, I'd do a sauna, but I would bet it'll be gone.

Who'd you get this lil one from?
      Ok I will wait til tonight! After much looking I chose this little one from Phil Tremper.

Comment

yea i got my chewie yesterday morning and he shed during shipping to. I called steve and asked about this yesterday as well lol.
        Darren

Comment

Yeah, I'd sauna her and make sure all the shed comes out of her ears, you can gently try to remove it, but don't tug if it doesn't come away with gentle easing.

BEAUTIFUL baby! Do you have her hatchdate? I'm on the lookout for Winterfell's clutchmate
          Meg
          THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
          on facebook

Comment

The information on the cup is 6/20/11.

Comment

Darn! Winterfell is 6/17/11 Reason I am so focused on her ears is the shed can cause balance issues if it stays in there.

She's gorgeous though! Winterfell took roaches last night too like a champ. For tiny things they sure do love their bugs!
              Meg
              THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
              on facebook

Comment

Nice pick-up!

--John
                3.8.4 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
                3.8.1 Rhacodactylus chahoua 'Pine Isle'
                1 Big Dumb Yellow Lab

Jasper Sailfin Geckos on facebook

Comment

Welcome Vader!!!
                  Beth in Alaska
                  1.0.0 Corgi (Pirate)
                  1.0.0 Keeshond (Toklat)
                  0.2.0 Guinea pigs (Chocolate and Lightning)
                  1.0.0 Human (Ben aka The Monk)
                  0.0.2 R. Auriculatus (Horrorcow & Ziggerastica)

Comment

GORGEOUS hatchling!!! congrats!
                    Always check the Fauna BOI before you buy!
                    :: iHerp :: Template Reptiles :: Canine Habits ::

Template Reptiles on Facebook

Comment

Thanks guys! And BIG thanks to those of you who helped me out. I'm so excited. And the little brat is all fired up now. Why couldn't he fire up earlier when I was taking pictures?! Oh well.

Comment

Freakin adorable!!!

-Wes
                        4.3.0 Rhacodactylus leachianus - Yatè, Mt. Koghis, Rivière Bleue, purple Nuu Ana, Poindimiè
                        3.2.0 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
                        1.1.0 Gekko gecko
                        2.1.0 Python regius

Comment

Congrats! Great collar on that one.

Comment

Very nice chewie!

For me, Fedex has on two occassions delivered geckos to the wrong address. It's very frustrating getting an email with a delivery confirmation, only to see no package or truck nearby.

Luckily, calling them got it straightened out both times.
                            3.7.0 Rhacodactylus ciliatus [Crested Gecko]
                            0.1.0 Rhacodactylus auriculatus [Gargoyle Gecko]
                            1.1.0 Eublepharis macularius [Leopard Gecko]
                            1.0.0 Hemitheconyx caudicinctus [African Fat Tailed Gecko]

Comment

Originally posted by Daedric1 View Post
                              Very nice chewie!

For me, Fedex has on two occassions delivered geckos to the wrong address. It's very frustrating getting an email with a delivery confirmation, only to see no package or truck nearby.

Luckily, calling them got it straightened out both times.
                              I would have absolutely flipped if that happened here. I'm sure their jobs are stressful with the time constraints they have to deliver and such...but still!

Also, I hope to post fired-up pictures of the baby soon. I spent some time getting the shed off last night. All gone except the blasted ears. How does one get it out of those little holes??

Comment

Working...
                              X