No announcement yet.

How personable is your chahoua

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im just trying to get a fell for both. See what people that have them say. I have a similer post up about leachies on a different forum with more people thsy have leachies then this one I think
    Darren

Comment

It all depends on what you really want. My female Chew loves being out and isn't flighty, as for my male he is like a suicide bomber, he will run as fast as he can to get away and hates being out. Then with my leachies my 2 henkeli will come out on there own and hang out for as long I can stand them haha, they get a little curious but for the most part just hang around. My GT is your typical flighty, loud, leave me the hell alone grump leachie, and he is onlye 4 months old and 12 grams haha. If I had to pick between the 2 i would go with a leachie, but thats just my opinion. Either way you can't go wrong they are both great reptiles and youll in the end probably have both hahahah. good luck.
      1.1 R. L. Leachianus - MT. Koghis (Troeger)
      1.0 R. L. Leachianus - Riviere Bleue
      1.0 R. L. Leachianus - GT Type B
      1.0 R. L. Leachianus - GTX Type B x Pine Isle
      0.1 R. L. Henkeli - Pine Isle
      0.1 R. L. Henkeli - Pine Isle X Nuu Ana
      1.1 R. Chahoua - Pine Isle
      1.0 R. Ariculatus - Striped
      1.0 Blue Heeler - Jack
      0.1 Boxer - Bella

Comment

I have six chahoua and I can say that I do love them all dearly. My female Ohne seems to be a tad friendlier than the norm, but as with most chahoua keepers, there is usually one gecko that can become more personable to them than the others.

I have her viv setup (its an exo) so that a branch leads right to the doors of the cage, and she will literally walk right out of her cage and onto my arm to see whats up. She knows that I handfeed and will come begging if she sees me cupping up roaches. She has never bitten me or tried to bite. If she doesnt want to come out, she doesn't.

All of my other chahoua are sweet. My males are more skeptical of me but they will let me reach right in and grab them without any trouble almost 100% of the time. If they are not the mood, they move away.

Chahoua "see" more than other geckos. My cresteds don't notice anything outside of their cages. But the chahoua see me coming, will come towards me, and they do seem to learn to some degree. I think they are smarter than the average rhac.

Kept correctly they are a great display piece. Mine all sleep in the open on their branches. They are out during the day and night, and I often see them move about and hunt for food during the afternoon. A comfy chahoua is a happy chahoua, as Laura mentioned their skin should not feel dry or tight. I do keep mine more humid and they seem happier that way. I've noticed that my young ones will dry out/ start to dehydrate much quicker than cresteds of their size.

Perhaps it was your husbandry that was to blame, Cork_screw, for having lame chahoua. I've never come across one that I didn't like, ugly or not
        Meg
        THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
        on facebook

Comment

Look, I don't need you to coach me on how to observe things that I can tell or see. I've handled various chahouas at herps shows and the feeling is their skin is much different than a crested. All my cresteds have pretty soft skin, my chahouas, that are well cared just differ and they live in the same conditions. I've also remember reading another thread where someone mentioned that their chahoua's skin felt more rough as it got older and wasn't as soft as when it's young. Also, yes, you hear the analogy all the time that they're personable, people actually do use the term a lot that they are like puppies and they are well mannered and they come to you. I take good care of my herps and I seriously don't need everyone here to coach me or bad mouth me when I'm giving my opinion.

Comment

Cork_screw Now I remember, you're the person who goes around making statements, pot stirring and then gets your panties in a knot when your not agreed with or someone has a different opinion. Sorry, if I had remembered sooner I wouldn't have wasted my time typing a reply to your trolling type behavior.
            Specializing in R. Chahoua

Comment

Ok, ok, I was doing alittle strolling in old forum posts, and I just had to link this here. After seeing what happened in this thread, when I found this post I really busted a gut.

http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/...ad.php?t=42714
              Meg
              THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
              on facebook

Comment

Thanks Meg, that is hilarious!!

Approx 30 grams. Very lovable guy. More like a puppy than a lizard.
                That was posted in October??? It's amazing how things change in just a few months time.
                Chewies are overrated. They're not like a puppy where they're going to interact with you.
                Just saying though.
                -Aaron

R. Ciliatus,R. Chahoua(P.I. & Mainland)

Buyer Reviews:
                http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=237728

Comment

I thought it was funny because it either means total hypocrisy or that people will say absolutely ANYTHING to sell an animal. Pretty crappy behavior either way.

Glad someone else got a kick out of it lol
                  Meg
                  THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
                  on facebook

Comment

Lol think that was just to sell because this post was created after that
                    Darren

Comment

Working...
                    X