Chewie considerations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chewie considerations

I have been contemplating the eventual purchase of a chahoua based on what I've read on the boards about their personalities and behavior traits. I have a bit of time though before pulling the trigger since they aren't really in my price range and will take a few months for me to set aside a few hundred for one.

Question, are these like gargs and cresties where each one is kept in a separate tank except during breeding times? I couldn't seem to find the answer using the search function.

Also, any recommendations or tips when looking for one? I know a lot of people on the board breed them but I have little experience within the gecko sphere.

And why is it that white shoulders seem to be such a desired trait? It's just a color pattern right?
    The zoo
    3.1.0 R. Auriculatus, 1.0.0 R. Chahoua PI, 0.0.3 T. Corticale, 1.1.0 peacock reed tree frog, 1.1 gray banded king snakes, 0.1 snow corn snake, 1.0 beige chinchilla, 1.0 boxer, 1.0 French bulldog

I don't have one, but I love them!
    3.0.0 Crested Gecko
    0.0.1 Gargoyle Gecko
    0.1.0 Golden Retreiver

Sorry if I get on your nerves

Comment

Because of their high prey drive I always keep mine separate. The only ones that are together are my set up pairs.
      Specializing in R. Chahoua

Comment

What is desired is what you're looking for. I have one I have a deposit on with white shoulders but I don't care about that. I go for patterns I like and what he parents look like. That one just happens to have the white shoulders. It's not necessarily a desired trait as so many lose the white shoulders as they age. I have two right now, both I chose by the way the parents look. Choose what u like.

House individually.

One of mine licks my finger when I rub under the neck. It's super cute.

Comment

Working...
        X