Heartbroken!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heartbroken!

Well the other night as I am preparing to start gecko chores I take a look in the bator at my 2 chewie eggs and the yolk is bursting out of the end of one of the eggs. The eggs are stuck together, have been since they were laid. Anyway the baby is not doing well. I know he is slowly dieing, I think it was still developing. While he is perfect on the outside I am wondering if his lungs or internal organs did not have enough time to fully develop. I know that I should cull him but I just can't do it. I really don't think that he will make it. Many times I have thought he was dead only to have him move a little when I pick him up. My heart is breaking for this little one!! I knew that if or when I lost a chewie baby it would be hard but this is way more heart wrenching than I thought it would be!
    I am also in the middle of packing to move and pray that my other egg hatches normally before we leave for IL.
    Specializing in R. Chahoua

Oh no Laura! I'm SOOOO sorry!!! For both you and the heartache, and for the little baby! I wouldn't have the heart to cull it either
    I hope that the little one is able to make a recovery and will lead a long healthy life for you! and if not, I can honestly say that i'm glad that he got to spend a very short lived life with someone as caring as you are. Sending TONS of positive vibes your way! Keep us updated on the progress.
    http://thegeckotree.com/ - Health, Colour, Structure Visit us today! (:
    Follow on Facebook facebook.com/TheGeckoTree
    Gargoyle Geckos -Crested Geckos - Leachianus - Chahoua - Tarantulas - Nephrurus - African Fat Tails

Comment

I'm so sorry that this happened! Sending positive thoughts for the baby and you!
      C. Ciliatus / R. Auriculatus / M. Chahoua / C. Sarasinorum / R. Leachianus / U. Sikorae / E. Vieilardi / E. Guttata / G. Gecko / A. Felinus / C. Elok /
      facebook.com/TreeHuggerGeckos

Comment

This has got to be rough. Poor gecko, poor you!
        Rosario's Reptiles: Project Creamy Things...target 2012 season
        3.8 Ciliatus, 1.2 Guttata, and 1.2 Felis Catus.

Comment

Oh no. This is not the news I wanted to hear about those eggs. I'm so so sorry hun
          I'm praying for #2
          Crestopia Reptiles
          http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Comment

You are under so much stress right now. And this happened. I am sooooo sorry! I am praying he will make it!
            NevaeH Reptiles...A little piece of Heaven in your hands...Mike, Gini and Jacob 13.12.20 corns, 6.3.8 crested geckos, 1.1 gargoyle geckos, 1.0 Beardie, 2 cats, 1.1 dogs, 2 sons and 1 step-daughter
            www.nevaehreptiles.com

Comment

This sucks....Praying for both you and the little one.
              Andi - Gray Sky Exotics
              www.iHerp.com/Hannibal
              www.facebook.com/andi.vanzant

Comment

Fingers crossed that he pulls through!

Will
                -Will
                My Facebook
                ôResentment is like drinking a poison and waiting for the other person to die." Carrie Fisher

Comment

Yikes, sending all the good energies I can for you and your little guy and egg number 2! I hope he can pull through and get strong. If its not meant to be, then may his passing be an easier transition for all involved.
                  Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Comment

o no! good luck to the little guy and especially the other baby that hasnt hatched yet!
                    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wicked...9667485?ref=hl

Comment

Thanks everyone. He is still hanging on. It is just so painful to watch him. He is a fighter that's for sure!
                      Specializing in R. Chahoua

Comment

Good luck! I'm really sorry this is happening. Hope the lil guy makes it...
                        Madeline
                        moonrisegeckos@gmail.com
                        Like me on Facebook!
                        http://https://www.facebook.com/moonrise.geckos

Comment

Poor little one. I am rooting for the little guy. Was he able to make it out of the egg on his own when the yolk started leaking?
                          2.3.10 R.ciliatus
                          2.2.0 R.auriculatus
                          4.4.1 R.sarasinorum
                          8.10.3 R.chahoua (PI)
                          1.2.0 R.chahoua (GT)

www.JollyGreenGecko.com

Comment

Oh poor little guy.It is so hard when they fight for there life.You are doing the right thing by not culling it.He might make it who knows.But if not the little ones was in good hands with someone who cares so deeply.

Comment

Laura I hope he can pull through and that your other egg hatches out fat and healthy for you!

Are you moving to IL? Where to if yes....I was born/raised in Chicago. Graduated from Schaumburg High.
                              www.geckohaven.com
                              Cin

Comment

Working...
                              X