Two new babies added to the Tribe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two new babies added to the Tribe

Which brings my total up to six chahoua. Since march. Intervention? Nahhhh!

First up, is Bitte from our very own Andrew Liu. Who I shall call Lil Bit til she's over 5g. She's the tiniest gecko I've ever purchased, weighing in at 3g of pure awesome. She's been very alert, and moving around so I don't think she's any worse for wear from the trip.

wearing a moss hat to set off her own mossy tones

This is a medium exo breeding box. And here I thought it would be a tad small for her!

She can sit on a single leaf

And then we have Zuko, my 2nd Big Fat Geckos PI baby. Unrelated to Sokka, so if I get a pair out of them, they'll be fine to match. More pics once he's shed

Hard to look cute while shedding old skin, but somehow he manages it

With 1.1.3 PI I am hoping I will get atleast one of each out of the kids. Since they are all unrelated, and all gorgeous, any combo would be a good pairing at this point.

Now my next ventures are pairing up my Momo, my sara, and Roku my GT chewie! I'm super excited to feed all six of my chewie tribe tonight. SUPER excited
    Meg
    THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
    on facebook

Haha, Gecko Day is the best day ever!!

I LOVE how Zuko's little tail is wrapped around the stem of that fake leaf.

Now you got me hankerin' for my baby!!
    3.3.11. -R. ciliatus
    1.1.0. -R. chahoua (mainland)
    0.0.1. - R. chahoua (P.I.)
    1.0.0. -R. auriculatus

Comment

Nice chahouas I cant wait to see Zuko after shed
      5.15.5 Rhacodactylus Ciliatus
      4.3.3 Rhacodactylus Leachianus
      2.3.2 Rhacodactylus Auriculatus
      125 Reef Tank
      Anthony

Comment

Glad it all went fine! Look forward to hear how they are doing.
        2.3.10 R.ciliatus
        2.2.0 R.auriculatus
        4.4.1 R.sarasinorum
        8.10.3 R.chahoua (PI)
        1.2.0 R.chahoua (GT)

www.JollyGreenGecko.com

Comment

Yay! New chewie babies . Grats on the new babies Meg!

Comment

New pics of fully shed Zuko who weighs exactly 4.4g
            second licking picture already LOL

And a shot of Bitte's new bugcup. Its a 1/2oz cup hot glued to a teeny piece of slate.
            Nice and heavy so she can get in and out without tipping it over, and the perfect size for teeny roaches so I can leave some in with her at all times.
            Meg
            THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
            on facebook

Comment

Okay, not fair. You have six, I have none. I think you need to share.

[ 2.0 Kitteh ][ 1.1 Corn Snake ][ 0.1 Crested Gecko ][ 1.0 Gargoyle Gecko ][ 1.0 Ball Python ][ 1.0 Costa Rican BCI ][ 0.1 Leopard Gecko ][ 0.1 IJ Jag Carpet Python ]

"It'll be a walk in the park... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me." -Lt. Col. Sheppard

Comment

How do you know what to look for in babies?
                In regards to adult patterns that is

Comment

The best idea is to take a look at mom and dad. Other than that I like a more---reduced? pattern on my chahoua. Sokka and her sibling (owned by MPLexus) are a good contrast.

They do change a ton as they grow. Its hard to describe, but I look for what I like lol. Contrast, a more widely spaced pattern, and I like a little white on my chewies. My older three don't have any, but the younger three all do.
                  Meg
                  THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
                  on facebook

Comment

Are you referring to the chewie mplexus posted about September 17 from tremper? If so I do see the difference between that one and Sokka for sure. Sokka has a much more reduced and lighter pattern, whereas mplexus's seems to have more color and pattern.

Get what you like, is always a good way to choose. Ha.

Comment

The chewie underneath "New PI addition" is Sokka's clutchmate
                      http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/...ad.php?t=40267
                      Sokka for reference
                      http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...ept29th056.jpg
                      Meg
                      THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
                      on facebook

Comment

Gotcha. Definitely not the one I was looking at. Thanks for the reference.

Comment

Man they change so much so fast. Glancing at those pictures is kinda crazy - SS already looks completely different! I need to take some new pics of everyone.

Congrats on the two new ones meg. Zuko looks great...and a lot like Sokka at first glance!
                          Charming Chewies: Specializing in Grand Terre and Pine Isle locales of chahoua.

Comment

Both little ones have attempted to eat roaches! Zuko caught 3/5 of his, and little Bitte must have eaten 1 out of her five. Another got loose, and the only way that would happen with that dish, is if she went in there. No other way those little bugs could escape. So I am just tickled that both kids want to eat live food!

There have been marks in the cgd left by both teenypantses and both are exploring, and finding their favorite spots to sleep and spend the days.

I'd take more pics, but I'm gonna give it a week or two before I bother them again I did just take some of Roku though! Those will be up tonight!
                            Meg
                            THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
                            on facebook

Comment

Yay! Congrats! i am so glad she went for one!
                              2.3.10 R.ciliatus
                              2.2.0 R.auriculatus
                              4.4.1 R.sarasinorum
                              8.10.3 R.chahoua (PI)
                              1.2.0 R.chahoua (GT)

www.JollyGreenGecko.com

Comment

Working...
                              X