The Roku Saga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Roku Saga

A few months ago, I went to a local show here in Southern Wisconsin, Sewerfest. I was just finished paying off Sokka, so I went only to enjoy looking, and get some supplies. While there, I saw a gorgeous chahoua.

I was in love, and broke.

I took a bunch of pictures, went home, and kicked myself for not buying the chewie. Even though it would have dropped me down to like 10$ remaining balance at the time, and I would have had to live on Saltines for two weeks! I told myself crackers wouldn't have been so bad!

Then a few weeks later, I emailed the breeder, he told me he still had him, but had a couple people interested. Since I was in the back of the line, I held off and was just going to let him go to someone else.

Then, two weeks ago, the breeder posted an ad. And who was still with him? My chewie! I was STOKED. I knew there were going to be several chahoua at Tinley. More than 6 breeders listed as bringing them. But I went ahead and had this beauty, that I felt like I "knew" put on hold for me. I picked out a name even, Roku, before I had even paid for him!

Once at the show, I stopped by a friends booth (next to Derek Dunlop's table) and my reserve was almost shattered by one of Derek's little unsexed PIs. But I made my way over to Dwane's table, and he pulled my deli cup from underneath it.....and all it took was two looks at this gorgeous boy before I forked over the cash and rejoiced!

Pics that I snapped just before I bought him

And so now I am the proud owner of the STUNNING, hands down best, brightest and most gorgeous mainland I've ever seen! He's suuuuuuuch a looker, that passing on him a second time would have put me in desperate need of a lobotomy. And so, say hello to Roku! Now I just need to find him a lady friend. When I look back at the old photos, they REALLY seemed like the kind of pictures I take of animals that I own. Mostly face shots, etc etc. It was fate that he be mine, I am convinced.

More pics in natural light once he's settled in! HUZZAH Chahoua #4
    Meg
    THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
    on facebook

He got a lot of drool on him over the weekend, so you might want to think about giving him a bath.

very pretty boy!
    Krystal

Gekkonidazed Geckos

Comment

Gah he is my fav of all yours so far, he is awesome!!!

Comment

Very beautiful mainland animal you got there. I would have to agree it's one of the best looking GT chahoua I've seen.
        1.0.0 GT/PI Chahoua
        3.0.0 PI Chahoua
        0.1.0 Leachianus unknown Locale

Comment

Congrats, he is beautiful!

Comment

Gorgeous mainland, I am just smitten with him!

Comment

He has some amazing coloring Meg, some of the best that I've seen on a chewie....I am so glad you were able to get him.
              Andi - Gray Sky Exotics
              www.iHerp.com/Hannibal
              www.facebook.com/andi.vanzant

Comment

Thanks everyone! I can't wait to take pictures of him, when hes not in a deli cup lol.

He cleaned his entire dish of cgd last night! Best eater out of the new additions I picked up. Gotta love the chewie appetite. Its roach day for all of them (all four! whoopeee!) so that's his next venture. If he eats those, I'm thinking pics tomorrow
                Meg
                THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
                on facebook

Comment

He's gorgeous Meg. I would have loved to seen him in person.
                  Carrie
                  Morphs to the Max
                  www.morphstothemax.com

Comment

thats a siiick mainland! Congrats!
                    Crested Geckos
                    Ball Pythons
                    African Fat Tails

www.Geckodelic.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Geckod...34486576627889

Comment

Gorgeous! Im envious, he looks better than the last PI male i picked up!
                      2.3.10 R.ciliatus
                      2.2.0 R.auriculatus
                      4.4.1 R.sarasinorum
                      8.10.3 R.chahoua (PI)
                      1.2.0 R.chahoua (GT)

www.JollyGreenGecko.com

Comment

You have to stop getting such nice geckos and posting them here. It was really fate for you to have this gecko. Your geckos are part of the reason I bought Tag.

Hmm... maybe I just need to stop looking.. It's so hard not to looking, though.

I can't wait for more pictures, especially as he grows. He is so colorful for a mainland. Is he really a he?

Comment

I've talked to lots of people about chahoua (breeders I mean) I try to get only the best that I can, so I kindly thank you for the compliments!

I was holding out after Sokka for the next perfect chahoua, and I think Roku hands down, is it!

He is a male Whitney. He has visible pores, and his bulge is just starting to drop
                          Meg
                          THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
                          on facebook

Comment

Aren't most of your chahouas pine island?

Do you have breeders you prefer, or just search around till you find what you like.

Comment

As of tomorrow morning, I will have 1.1.3 PI chahoua, and 1.0.0 Mainland.

Its not so much the breeder, as the animals. I have a certain look that I am trying for with mine. I passed on several before I found this last Mainland, and the two unsexed PI.

Though I do have a penchant for BFGs. They are such great eaters, they live right up to their name
                              Meg
                              THE GECKO ALCHEMIST
                              on facebook

Comment

Working...
                              X