Clear All

• Flyvagaric
    replied
    Very cool ! I need more chewies ! =P

Leave a comment:

• MPLexus301
    replied
    Originally posted by Rhachic View Post
    according to this great nutritional table i've seen you should try more silk worms
    Great indeed!

Leave a comment:

• Dagan
    replied
    She is truly beautiful, especially to have so much color at that size. My chewie is only 6 grams...but I know that it is very fun watching them grow into their full colors. Chewie patterns are so interesting, as well!

Leave a comment:

• Rhachic
    replied
    Originally posted by MPLexus301 View Post
    ^ If Goliath wasn't such a picky eater he might have been a little bigger

I really can't get him to go over 57g.
    according to this great nutritional table i've seen you should try more silk worms

Leave a comment:

• MPLexus301
    replied
    ^ If Goliath wasn't such a picky eater he might have been a little bigger

I really can't get him to go over 57g.

Leave a comment:

• Rhachic
    replied
    yeah, most of my pines are monsters but are light greens (except Blush up there). I have an 80 gram male and a 64 tailless female (her tail weighed 8 grams when it fell off...stuck in the cage door ) MPLexus has one of their babies "Goliath" from what i've seen the monster size gene definitely got passed down! I've got a 2 month old from them right now that is already 12 grams.

Leave a comment:

• laura
    replied
    I am always interested in the right baby. I don't think I would pair Gormogon with a cross, because he is so unique and already huge! He is only a year old and over 60 grams. But I am not completely opposed to crosses as long as people do what you are doing and advertise them as such.

I have a little male (Granite) that was sold to me as an unknown locale. I bought him because his pattern was so amazing. So I will at some point be looking for a mate for him. Either another unknown or a cross. If Steve isn't 100% sure on locale (ones he buys from other people and re-sells) he marks them as unknown. Which is what I will do a few years down the line if Granite is paired up and having babies.

Leave a comment:

• Rhachic
    replied
    haha, well i'm breeding her with a interestingly colored mainland male to see what i get. if you are ok with 1/2 pine 1/2 main and i get some reds i'll be sure to drop you a line with babies

Leave a comment:

• laura
    replied
    Originally posted by Rhachic View Post
    this is my red pine female, usually looks more pink but she fired up for me in the pic

So you will be selling her to me as soon as the weather is cooler correct??

Leave a comment:

• Rhachic
    replied
    this is my red pine female, usually looks more pink but she fired up for me in the pic

Leave a comment:

• brandieb
    replied
    She is pretty! I bet she get more color

I can't wait till you have some babies to sell!

Leave a comment:

• Rufio
    replied
    Sorry forgot to say how nice she looks. All chahoua to me are uniquely beautiful. You have one of the most amazing collection. I look at all your chahoua and say that's the kind of collection I hope to have someday lol only 13 to go.

Leave a comment:

• laura
    replied
    Originally posted by Rufio View Post
    Do chahoua always pair or are they sometimes not compatible like leachianus? Just wondering. The only person I know that breeds them locally his females both bit off his males tales and he had to switch pairs then get a new female for one cuz the male killed her. Both his setups are 18x18x24. I'm just wondering if he's doing something wrong. It's the reason I would just rather keep them as pets I really don't want to risk any of that. Both his current pairs breed fine Now but like I said males with no tales.
    I don't think this is as common in chahouas as leachies. Although I do know of someone else on another forum that said his very large male killed the female. I do know that I will be super careful when first introducing a new pair, chahouas aren't known for violent mating so if I saw the least little bit of over aggression I would separate right then and not take the chance. I would also make sure they were both nice and full of fat juicy roaches before introduction time!

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal
    replied
    She is beautiful! I can't wait til they are big enough to start making some sweet little babies.

Leave a comment:

• Rufio
    replied
    Do chahoua always pair or are they sometimes not compatible like leachianus? Just wondering. The only person I know that breeds them locally his females both bit off his males tales and he had to switch pairs then get a new female for one cuz the male killed her. Both his setups are 18x18x24. I'm just wondering if he's doing something wrong. It's the reason I would just rather keep them as pets I really don't want to risk any of that. Both his current pairs breed fine Now but like I said males with no tales.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X