Chahoua Egg Incubation:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rhacsetc08 View Post
    Trust me, patience is key! They can take extremely long, and the way I look at it, the longer they take, the bigger and healthier the hatchlings are likely to be.

What makes you think the second clutch are duds? Have they molded, stopped growing, or turned yellow?
    Thanks,
    -Armen
    On the first clutch...I caught the eggs as soon as they were laid and when I went to retrieve them, they were not stuck together as Chewie eggs usually are. That turned out to be a good thing since one of the two went bad very quickly. The second is still incubating but seems to be developing slowly... when I candle it, half the egg is still yolk and while I think I do see a fetus in there, I cannot be sure if it's alive or dead. The egg has gotten huge at this point, probably about the same circumference of a quarter. I guess I'll let it continue to incubate until it either visibly goes bad or hatches.

The second clutch, laid by a different female, has been incubating for 120ish days and one egg candles completely yellow (I'm sure it is a dud, but it's not visibly molding or anything) and the second has some red vein material on the bottom, but is also mostly yellow. These eggs are also about the same size as when they were laid and don't seem to have grown much.

My other clutches are well behind these first two, so I'm not concerned about them yet.
    Charming Chewies: Specializing in Grand Terre and Pine Isle locales of chahoua.

Comment

Just weighed the egg...7.56g !

Comment

That's amazing, Mike! I really hope they hatch for you. The empty shells from last night with a bit of superhatch on them weighed 2.5 grams.
        Krystal

Gekkonidazed Geckos

Comment

I had four chahoua eggs laid on April 6 this year and one "early bird" hatched yesterday(July 12). That's just 97 days, shattering my previous record of 115 days. Maybe s/he is claustrophobic!

It will be interesting to see when its clutch mate and the other two hatch.

--John
          3.8.4 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
          3.8.1 Rhacodactylus chahoua 'Pine Isle'
          1 Big Dumb Yellow Lab

Jasper Sailfin Geckos on facebook

Comment

Originally posted by that_girl View Post
            That's amazing, Mike! I really hope they hatch for you. The empty shells from last night with a bit of superhatch on them weighed 2.5 grams.
            Good to know. Hopefully I'll have a baby to weigh here sometime soon!

Originally posted by jaspersail View Post
            I had four chahoua eggs laid on April 6 this year and one "early bird" hatched yesterday(July 12). That's just 97 days, shattering my previous record of 115 days. Maybe s/he is claustrophobic!

It will be interesting to see when its clutch mate and the other two hatch.

--John
            CONGRATS!! Obviously, the next demand is for pics

Comment

Working...
            X