Chahoua Breeder Contact List

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chahoua Breeder Contact List

When I get the urge to Chewie shop I often find myself scrolling through the same through websites but knowing that there must be others out there. Today I pulled together all of the breeders/retailers that came to mind and compiled a list with the most complete information I could gather. I know there are more people out there and I would appreciate any names and information that you could send my way! I will be more than happy to send the completed list to anyone here via email.

s you will see, I am hoping to track what locales and lines each person works with which will make the shopping process easier for those among us with larger collections.

Please see the attached list and let me know of any edits or additions that you might have. I have not included people on this forum such as Matt Hartigan, jaspersail, Dale/pueblan, as I want your permission before I put your information and/or email address into such a list.

Since we cannot upload XLS files I turned it into a pdf so I apologize for the break between pages!

EDIT: Updated list as of 4:30PM on 5/25/2010
    Attached Files
    Last edited by MPLexus301; 05-25-2010, 04:29 PM.
    Charming Chewies: Specializing in Grand Terre and Pine Isle locales of chahoua.

Thank you so much Michael!!
    Great list, and VERY helpful... especially since I do the same! Go through all the same websites, trying to find the chahoua breeders.
    I will give you a "thanks" tomorrow, since I'm out of them for today!

Maybe a mod could sticky this at the top of this section for us?
    sigpic
    ~ JENN ~
    1 Daughter ~
    1 Chihuahua Cookie
    1.2 Pine Isle Chahouas Shrek Sugar & Spice
    1.2 Cresteds MrGoodbar Lollipop TootsieRoll
    1.0 Gargoyle Wyvern (Living the life at Lunars house with a girl!)

Comment

No problem! It's an undertaking to trace lines and locales, but it can be done!

Comment

Nice list! I shouldn't have looked at Leapin' Leachies though, they've got some gorgeous gargs available.

edit:

Oh dear. Looking at greyparrotexotics.net. Never heard of a Mandarin Sanzinia snake before, but I so want one now. Pity they appear to be very expensive. So pretty!

And yes, I see pretty chewies too. XD I'm just easily distracted by other critters too.
        Last edited by foxe; 05-24-2010, 11:21 PM. Reason: addition

[ 2.0 Kitteh ][ 1.1 Corn Snake ][ 0.1 Crested Gecko ][ 1.0 Gargoyle Gecko ][ 1.0 Ball Python ][ 1.0 Costa Rican BCI ][ 0.1 Leopard Gecko ][ 0.1 IJ Jag Carpet Python ]

"It'll be a walk in the park... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me." -Lt. Col. Sheppard

Comment

Thanks for putting the work into this Michael. Great idea too. PM'd you.

- Matt

Comment

P.S. Mods can we make it possible to upload excel files? That would make it much easier to distribute this list.

Comment

Originally posted by MPLexus301 View Post
              P.S. Mods can we make it possible to upload excel files? That would make it much easier to distribute this list.
              And then we can add our own columns and whatnot for our own personal use. Thanks so much!! I've been on the look out for current breeders and been contacting a ton of breeders but there are a couple on here that I didn't find yet, thanks!

side note: I hate it when you don't even get any response back when you email them with an inquiry But at least I'm pleasantly surprised when I do actually get a response! Lol

Comment

FWIW Steve Cemelli is lightning fast with responses

Comment

Haha... I'm lightning fast as well!!!
                  Stikypaws, I sent you back a message right after getting your message today regarding chahoua.
                  sigpic
                  ~ JENN ~
                  1 Daughter ~
                  1 Chihuahua Cookie

Comment

Lol yeah seriously, I was still trying to figure out this forum and I have popups! Lol

I've been on repashy for a while and reptile rooms forever but I just found this site b/c I was looking for a new CGD distributor and found this! Lol. I've been emailing around for quite a while and only 3 of the 11 breeders I've contacted actually emailed me back Little frustrating.
                    But Lexus that list is really cool, thanks so much, and perfect timing! Lol

Comment

Thanks for putting together the list, Michael.

Philippe de Vosjoli has some of the founding lines of Pine Isle chewies in the US, so he should definitely be included as a "line."

--John
                      3.8.4 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
                      3.8.1 Rhacodactylus chahoua 'Pine Isle'
                      1 Big Dumb Yellow Lab

Jasper Sailfin Geckos on facebook

Comment

No problem John...as you can tell, getting all of the data sorted out has been interesting.

I was under the impression that Philippe and Allen both sell Repashy stock. Does he have his own seperate lines?

Thanks for the corrections

Comment

Philippe definitely has his own line. In fact, the female I bought from Alan Repashy (Misty) in 2006 was described as "de Vosjoli line crossed with a german line (perhaps Willi Henkel?)."

By the way, I think the primary way to get Repashy chewies is from Alan at shows or through a designated seller (e.g., Andrew & Sarah Gilpin). I don't think he deals in individual chewie sales much these days (and if he is one of the "non-responders" mentioned here, that may be the reason). Maybe Alan or one of the Gilpins can clarify his current chahoua "policy" though.

I believe that Fast and de Vosjoli had the first WC Pine Isle chewies in the US and most lines have come from them.

Here is my F1 female from Frank Fast's WCs (top) with my de Vosjoli-line male (bottom).

We really need a Rhac chahoua book from de Vosjoli/Fast/Repashy to add to our knowledge and understanding. Their new gargoyle book is great for gargoyle lovers, but we need one for chewies!

--John
                          3.8.4 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
                          3.8.1 Rhacodactylus chahoua 'Pine Isle'
                          1 Big Dumb Yellow Lab

Jasper Sailfin Geckos on facebook

Comment

Originally posted by jaspersail View Post
                            By the way, I think the primary way to get Repashy chewies is from Alan at shows or through a designated seller (e.g., Andrew & Sarah Gilpin). I don't think he deals in individual chewie sales much these days (and if he is one of the "non-responders" mentioned here, that may be the reason). Maybe Alan or one of the Gilpins can clarify his current chahoua "policy" though.

Allen is not currently selling any chahoua because of the high demand. He's holding everything back to breed himself. Far as I know, this is also the case with his leachies and saras.

If you want a wholesale package of cresteds or gargs, you can still get those directly from him.

And yes, Phillipe does have his own stock. As far as European lines, that could mean Troger or Henkel.
                            Krystal

Gekkonidazed Geckos

Comment

Originally posted by jaspersail View Post

We really need a Rhac chahoua book from de Vosjoli/Fast/Repashy to add to our knowledge and understanding. Their new gargoyle book is great for gargoyle lovers, but we need one for chewies!

--John
                              The Chahoua book will be the last of the books that they will be publishing. But it is in the works. We'll just have to wait longer.
                              I'm really looking forward to the new book that is on chahouas only!!
                              sigpic
                              ~ JENN ~
                              1 Daughter ~
                              1 Chihuahua Cookie

Comment

Working...
                              X