NARBC Tinley Park After Show Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NARBC Tinley Park After Show Fun

I am trying to put together a group to go to the Shedd Aquarium on Sunday. I have always wanted to go there so this is the perfect time to do it, kill 2 birds with one stone! The aquarium opens at 9am and closes at 4pm, so if everyone who wants to go, we can all meet up at one central location and car pool. Admission is $18 but if I can get a group of 15 to go admission is $10. I have to have the group count in by at least 21 days before the set day to go in order to get this discount, so please if you say you are going, be sure you are going to go, I dont want to count on 15 people being there and only 14 show up. I still have to check and see if you need to pay in advance to get the group rate, so I will let you guys know if I do or not. If I do then more then likely I will not set up the group rate visit because well....I simply dont want to get screwed...lol So if you want to go, shoot me a PM teling me you want to go, and how many people in the party there will be so that I can write down all the names and qtys to set up the group rate discount.

But I know some people were wanting to go to the zoo. I have heard it to the grape vine (thanks harold!) that apparently the Chicago zoo doesnt have a herp section, but the Lincoln Park zoo does, so if you are planning a trip to the zoo, take that into account.

I wanted to put this out there so any of you who know the area who have ideas on what to do and would lke to start a group going for it you can. Or if there was something you have aways wanted to see and its there, you can start it up!

Dont forget to PM me about the aquarium as it will be easier to get names that way over sifting through this thread!
    lets just say I have a lot of stuff
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

OK nobody wants to go to the aquarium? It is $18 to get in, thats just a few bucks more then the show. We can carpool so if you are in our hotel, or close to it we can drive you, I can easily fit 3 people in my back seat, more if they want to sit in the way back (its an SUV).

So far it is me and James (muh man), possibly Amber and Christa.

Come on people lets go have fun!

Also is anyone meeting up for dinners out? We want to eat pizza (who would have guessed, Chi area and we want pizza!). So anyone wanting to eat pizza, hang out and pretty much be lazy for a little while, lets make a group pizza dinner plans! Anyone know of any good places?
    www.sublimereptiles.com
    Facebook
    BOI

Comment

Brookfield zoo used to have a reptile house but I heard that they are making it smaller since I last went. To let all you know Its going to be freaking cold up here. It has been like 50s all this week.
      www.trophyrhacs.webs.com
      http://www.facebook.com/pages/Trophy...40038856070077

Comment

Ive went to the Brookfield zoo twice this past summer. They did shrink their reptile house as of recent, but theres still a decent number. They have different reptiles in different parts of the zoo. Just not as nice as it was about 5 years ago when they had a huge herp house. Yeah its been freezing up here this week haha
        Jake Karn
        Trophy Rhacs
        www.trophyrhacs.webs.com

Comment

Originally posted by jake90 View Post
          Ive went to the Brookfield zoo twice this past summer. They did shrink their reptile house as of recent, but theres still a decent number. They have different reptiles in different parts of the zoo. Just not as nice as it was about 5 years ago when they had a huge herp house. Yeah its been freezing up here this week haha
          I haven't been there in years. I never really found there reptile room so cool. Sorta lame and not many cool animals.
          www.trophyrhacs.webs.com

Comment

shedd

Hey I was at the shedd a few weeks ago and unless you've got some hook up they charged me $25 a ticket, just for a heads up. And I was actually at Brookfield Zoo this weekend and they're doing ALOT of construction around the the whole zoo, and the only gecko they had in the reptile/bird (funny combo eh?) house was a phelsuma. But the zoo is always a good time and I think its about $10 for non-members to get in. Hope that helps

Comment

hmm...i thought online it said $18

I went backand looked, its $25...oh well I still wanna go!
              www.sublimereptiles.com
              Facebook
              BOI

Comment

Originally posted by thongwedgie View Post
                hmm...i thought online it said $18
                Shed has always been high priced. Chicago has a very high sales tax. Though i was told its about 8% or so I may be way off though. I haven't went since I was like in the 5th grade. Now I know they have Komodo dragons there
                www.trophyrhacs.webs.com

Comment

I would be up for hanging out, even if it is just pizza. I rarely get to Chicago and will be meeting up with Dave and Jake anyway. I'm not exactly sure what day we will be there though. I'll try to decide and let you know!
                  - Levi

1.2.5 Crested Geckos (Fidget, Sprinkles, Midget, Foxy, Chili, Skittles, Poppler, and Perdie)
                  0.0.1 gargoyle (Pickles)

Comment

Well we are arriving Friday night and leaving Sunday around 6-7
                    www.sublimereptiles.com
                    Facebook
                    BOI

Comment

mmmmm pizza :th_love:
                      ~amber~
                      rivercityrhacs.com

Comment

I take that as Amber wants to meet for pizza..lol
                        www.sublimereptiles.com
                        Facebook
                        BOI

Comment

I kinda wanted to hit up the Texas Roadhouse in Tinley on Saturday night! Really I just want a margarita and to not have to drive into Chicago.

edit: I dont know how to spell
                          0.2 Felis catus
                          2.1.1 Rhacodactylus auriculatus
                          0.2.0 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
                          0.0.2 Eublepharis macularius

Comment

yeah but we have those in Toledo, i want some good pizza or pasta!
                            www.sublimereptiles.com
                            Facebook
                            BOI

Comment

LoL.. we have one here in Cedar Falls as well. But its just sooooo goooooood!
                              0.2 Felis catus
                              2.1.1 Rhacodactylus auriculatus
                              0.2.0 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
                              0.0.2 Eublepharis macularius

Comment

Working...
                              X