Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show in Nashville?

Hey guys,
    I just got my first pair of Cresties and I'm super excited about it! I have been reading about these reptile expo things and it sounds like something I want to be a part of . . . I live in Nashville, TN. Does anyone know of any shows in or around this area? Or, is anyone from around here that breeds or knows of a good breeder? I am not opposed to ordering offline, but it would be so much fun to get to shop around in person and talk to people that are just as obsessed with Cresteds as I am. So, anyone hear of anything around Nashville? Even mildly close would work for me . . . I could take a road trip.
    *Kristen*

1.0.3 Crested Geckos (Manny, Eleanor, Klaus, Kitty)
    0.0.0 Chewies (Heathcliff)
    1.1 Kittens (Bowie, Bonnie, Lucy)
    0.0.1 Rose Hair T (unnamed)

Good luck. I'm in Arkansas, about 2 hours west of Memphis..and the closest show that I know of is like 5 hours away. So, you might have one around you, as Nashville is a fairly sizable town. Try kingsnake.com as many upcoming shows are posted on the front page.

Comment

You can always drive down to Atlanta GA to the Repticon Show
      Monica Elrod
      JM Geckos & Exotics
      Greenville, SC

Comment

shadowkorin: thanks for the tip! that is exactly what i was looking for . . . i might try to make it up to ky for the expo in shepherdsville. i don't know if that is a small one and not worth making the drive for, but i will probably go anyways.

jmextotics: i love atlanta and would love to drive down there for a show! can you tell me more about it or give me a link to find out more info?

thanks guys! you all are so helpful!
        *Kristen*

Comment

http://repticon.com/atlanta.html

and if you don't want to wait and want to drive a little further

http://repticon.com/columbia.html

Which is next month!
          Monica Elrod
          JM Geckos & Exotics
          Greenville, SC

Comment

I'm in Smyrna! TN has NO shows, had the last one a few years ago, but the laws here are so crazy and a lot of people there got into trouble.
            3.6.3 Crested Geckos
            0.0.1 Bearded dragon
            0.2.0 Marbled Crayfish
            0.0.1 Axolotl
            1.1.0 Cats (Lightbulb and Paperclip)

Kazzy's Kritters

My iHerp Page
            Middle TN Exotic Pets Club

Comment

Originally posted by ReptileChick View Post
              I'm in Smyrna! TN has NO shows, had the last one a few years ago, but the laws here are so crazy and a lot of people there got into trouble.
              lol Ask Southerncat about that show LOL they were there promoting one of our shows
              Monica Elrod
              JM Geckos & Exotics
              Greenville, SC

Comment

Oh yeah? I didn't go to it. I didn't know about shows until after that last one, lol
                3.6.3 Crested Geckos
                0.0.1 Bearded dragon
                0.2.0 Marbled Crayfish
                0.0.1 Axolotl

Kazzy's Kritters

My iHerp Page

Comment

Yes we were vending at that show. It could have been a good show but a few things went wrong...
                  1) The promotors of that show were con artists..They told people they had pre sold 3000 tickets before the show just to get vendors there.

2) The show was on July 4th weekend!!!

3)No advertising was done, no signs or anything telling people what was happening at the venue (was a old wal-mart building)

4) when confronted with the lies...they promotors ran, left the show at the half way point during that Sunday.

I know TN. has some tuff laws but a show could be done...something to ponder I would love to do a show there, I have a sister that lives in Kingston Springs.

Hope this clears somethings up for you..By all means come on down to Columbia..You will enjoy it especially since we have added a new sponsor to the tote bag program and they will be sending samples of thier gecko food to give out....
                  sigpic

Comment

I'd love to have a reptile show. Being part of a herp society here, we have discussed trying one out.
                    3.6.3 Crested Geckos
                    0.0.1 Bearded dragon
                    0.2.0 Marbled Crayfish
                    0.0.1 Axolotl

Kazzy's Kritters

My iHerp Page

Comment

There is a monthly reptile show in Shepherdsville, Kentucky which is just south of Louisville on 1-65 which should be roughly 2 hours away from you. Here is the link to their website and forum:

http://www.kentuckyreptileexpo.com/kre

I am planning to vend at the March show..hope to see you there!
                      "LIKE" Kokopelli Geckos on Facebook!

Kokopelli Geckos iHerp Page

Comment

Dixie Reptile show in AL. Two breeders there have really nice cresteds and I sell there sometimes. It's maybe 3-4 hours from Nashville.
                        The Valley Reptiles

Comment

thanks alot! i think i will try to go to the shepherdsville show and the dixie show in AL. you all bring some good geckos to sell to me, because i am coming with $$! maybe some creams . . .
                          *Kristen*

Comment

Come to the next Atlanta show I'll sell you some geckos!
                            Dale
                            "The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'".

Comment

As said the Columbia and Atlanta ReptiCon shows are both good. Even though I was supposed to be selling, I picked up some nice cresteds at both shows!
                              Jordan Mullen
                              Available Blood Pythons 08's
                              Available Blood Pythons 09's

Comment

Working...
                              X