Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from AZ! New to the forum w/a new baby!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hi from AZ! New to the forum w/a new baby!!!

    Hi! I came home today to a "bundle of joy" on my doorstep... A small critter keeper, a 3pk of Eco earth, a bottle of crested gecko diet, and then I saw movement IN the "empty" keeper.! Looked in. Saw this:

    Shocked and amused at my finding I tossed a damp paper towel in and made the Eco earth. I'm purdy sure it's a crested gecko, baby?

    He is in major shed. Almost all out tho.

    Lemme know what you guys think and what not about him. Is he a crested? How old do you think he is? Does he look healthy? And I'm putting in some live plants here soon so he doesn't just have a palm tree in there.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

  • #2
    That's a crested - hard to tell how large he is from your pics. Next to a ruler or something would help, but it looks like a juvie. We won't be able to tell you how old, because they grow at different rates depending on what temps they've been kept at/what they've been fed.

    So... someone just dumped a crested gecko in a Kritter Keeper on your doorstep? In AZ? :/ If your temps have been high it could have killed him/her! I'm glad you took it in... eesh. He looks healthy from the pics, for all that.
    JBsCresties.com & Facebook & Instagram, oh my

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Jaybee View Post
      That's a crested - hard to tell how large he is from your pics. Next to a ruler or something would help, but it looks like a juvie. We won't be able to tell you how old, because they grow at different rates depending on what temps they've been kept at/what they've been fed.

      So... someone just dumped a crested gecko in a Kritter Keeper on your doorstep? In AZ? :/ If your temps have been high it could have killed him/her! I'm glad you took it in... eesh. He looks healthy from the pics, for all that.
      Yeah in tucson it gets to 110 still. Lucky it was a overcast day and muggy. I think it was my neighbors that booked it last nite. Probably had bought it and decided they were just going to leave him on my porch and hope I'd keep him if not just make sure he stayed alive.
      I'm an ex herp/reptile breeder. Had a adult crested before "Bounce". But wasn't sure if this guy was gargoyle or crested. So thank you. They left him with all I needed. Earth, food, and cage. I just stuck some plants and a palm tree that he seems to enjoy. Since he used it to get his shed off.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm now currently shaking my fist in the direction of your neighbors! How rude... they could have knocked at least I'm so glad he fell in with a considerate person.

        Seriously though, AaAAAAaAAAAAAAaaaargh!
        JBsCresties.com & Facebook & Instagram, oh my

        Comment


        • #5
          Good grief, I am with Jaybee! Lucky you found the little cutie in time. Enjoy the little creature. I love my geckos

          Rachodactylus Ciliatus

          2.2.5.2
          MUNKEY, PEACHES, MORROW, THIMBLE, KILI, GOLLUM, FALCOR, CHEECH & VALENTINE

          Rachodactylus Auriculatus
          1.2.1 KEKO, ARRO, PEBBLES & FALCOR

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Jaybee View Post
            I'm now currently shaking my fist in the direction of your neighbors! How rude... they could have knocked at least I'm so glad he fell in with a considerate person.

            Seriously though, AaAAAAaAAAAAAAaaaargh!
            Indeed. I actually don't know how long he had been there. I was gone all day from before dawn. And so may have been there all day. But I think I sexed HIM he has the white protrusions I saw in the other pix. He's about 3.5-4" long including tail. Maybe less.

            I was wondering what morph or variation he looked like to you? He's very skittish. But doesn't mind jumping to my hand... Sometimes. But I know the general rule of thumb for all new pets. A week or so in a quiet place where they can see things and get acclimated. So I've stopped handling until I see he's acclimated somewhat and monitor his eating, yada yada.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JumpinJewels View Post
              Good grief, I am with Jaybee! Lucky you found the little cutie in time. Enjoy the little creature. I love my geckos
              Thank you. I am a critter lover of all types and sizes. He seems tolerant of my existence at least lol! He walked thru his cgd so he's slipping. Kinda funny to watch. Yet he licks it off his arm. Go figure.

              Comment


              • #8
                Those white things you see are spurs, and both sexes have them.

                Good for you for taking in the little guy/gal. What [insert adjective] neighbours, though!
                3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm glad he survived! So glad you are caring for him now. I think s/he is a tiger morph with dalmatian spots.
                  Specializing in Crested Geckos
                  Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
                  Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
                  Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Spyral View Post
                    I'm glad he survived! So glad you are caring for him now. I think s/he is a tiger morph with dalmatian spots.
                    Thanks for the info. And also I measured what I suspect to be a him aka "Yoshi", and with all the wiggling and hopping I saw around 2.5"+. It was quite a feat to try to measure Yoshi. He hops on everything in site and licks it to boot! Hopped right on my face knocked my glasses off and splat right between the eyes I had a gecko. O.o surprised to say the least. A good foot jump.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by LargeCrestedLady View Post
                      Thanks for the info. And also I measured what I suspect to be a him aka "Yoshi", and with all the wiggling and hopping I saw around 2.5"+. It was quite a feat to try to measure Yoshi. He hops on everything in site and licks it to boot! Hopped right on my face knocked my glasses off and splat right between the eyes I had a gecko. O.o surprised to say the least. A good foot jump.
                      I'm so glad that little Yoshi landed on your doorstep! He is a little cutie. Get used to the "jump and splat" it's a common gecko move!
                      ~JEN~
                      0.0.1 Rachodactylus Auriculatus "Gilligan"
                      1.0.0 Very Spoiled Guinea Pig

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I saw that you have a thread asking for a young female for a tank mate. You wouldn't be thinking to put that young female with your new male Yoshi would you? It's not the best idea to house a male and a female together. People will put them together for a little while to breed but that's it. Keeping them together could be very stressful on the female. She is going to be fighting off a male that wants to breed a good bit. Other will be able to better explain all the reasons why you wouldn't want to do this. Obviously you are going to do what you want with your animals I just want to you be aware of the pros and cons
                        ~JEN~
                        0.0.1 Rachodactylus Auriculatus "Gilligan"
                        1.0.0 Very Spoiled Guinea Pig

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'm so glad that he is okay! Luckily they didn't leave him on a reptile hater's doorstep.
                          Mary Frizzell
                          Check out my Facebook page at "Good Luck Geckos"

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by FaaFaa View Post
                            I saw that you have a thread asking for a young female for a tank mate. You wouldn't be thinking to put that young female with your new male Yoshi would you? It's not the best idea to house a male and a female together. People will put them together for a little while to breed but that's it. Keeping them together could be very stressful on the female. She is going to be fighting off a male that wants to breed a good bit. Other will be able to better explain all the reasons why you wouldn't want to do this. Obviously you are going to do what you want with your animals I just want to you be aware of the pros and cons
                            Thanks I hope a mod will remove my posting!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X