Ball python eating and pooping problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball python eating and pooping problem

Hello, need advice! I have had my ball python five months now. This is my third ball python. Since we have gotten her she has never ate willingly. We eventually decided to force feed her two times, because her look of health was so much declined. Now the problem is pooping. When we first got her she did have a runny diarrhea dark poop. That has been the only time she has pooped. Since we have force-fed her to mice, she has not pooped them out. It has been about 4-5 weeks since we first force fed her. You can see her stomach looks buldged like she is backed up. Can snakes completely metabolize a mouse if they are starving? We are trying warm soaks hoping she can pass it herself. Should we discontinue any feeding until she poops again. She is still looking very unhealthy. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Stress is an often overlooked reason why snakes won't eat. New enclosures, other snakes in the enclosure, or too much handling can cause your ball python to get stressed out and not want to eat. Differences in prey will also cause a picky snake to stop eating.
    I would say on average most snakes will defecate once for every meal they eat, which could take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks. Probably 5-7 days in most cases if the snake is healthy and kept in optimum conditions.
    Best Wine Cooler Reviews

Comment

Working...
    X