Little bugs in my snake cage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little bugs in my snake cage

I just got this snake about two months ago. I had went out of town and had my mother taking care of the snake and when I got back i noticed there were little white ish looking bugs crawling in the cage. Not on the snake though. I cleaned the whole cage out, threw out the bedding and wiped out the cage, then put some new soil dirt in and then after awhile noticed there were still a few crawling around. What are they? I thought they were mites but arent mites supposed to be on the snake? There are only a couple in the dirt which I have tried to just grab out one by one and kill. But I keep looking and seeing more. I keep my snakes cage pretty humid by spraying a water spray in there, so should I stop doing that? Keep it dry in the cage? I dont want to keep wasting dirt and supplies on continuing to throw it all out and adding more. i washed all his rocks out with soap and water and didnt see any bugs either. Not sure what to do. Want to make sure my snake will be okay.

Could it be wood mites?

Comment

could they be springtails? If so, they are actually beneficial! Look at some videos to compare.

Comment

Working...
      X