New pictures of Niska - Tricolor Hognose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New pictures of Niska - Tricolor Hognose

Took some new pictures of Niska today, he did not want to sit still! He shed fairly recently and is nice and shiny. Unfortunately I have a hard time catching all of his colors well, his "white" bands are actually a lemon yellow color but are almost always washed out to white in my pictures.

Too many snakes! 20 species and counting. 1.2.plus Crested geckos 2.2 Gargoyle geckos 0.2 Chihuahua 2.2 evil cats.
    Elemental Exotics Terms & Conditions

Too many snakes! 20 species and counting. 1.2.plus Crested geckos 2.2 Gargoyle geckos 0.2 Chihuahua 2.2 evil cats.

Comment

This post really tripped me up and prompted me to do some research. At first Im like this can't be a western hognose (heterodox nasicus), so I learned that is a Lystrophis Pulcher, south american hognose. Its cool how the body and characteristics of the western and south american are almost the same with pattern being so much different. What if you bred a tri color to a western?

Comment

Great pics!
        0.2 Crested Geckos, 1.2 Gargoyle Geckos, 1.0 Leachianus Gecko, 4.1 Boas (BCI, BCA, BCL), 0.5 Ball Pythons, 1.0 Jag Carpet Python, 0.1 BRB, 0.2 KSB

Comment

Originally posted by InventorReptiles View Post
          This post really tripped me up and prompted me to do some research. At first Im like this can't be a western hognose (heterodox nasicus), so I learned that is a Lystrophis Pulcher, south american hognose. Its cool how the body and characteristics of the western and south american are almost the same with pattern being so much different. What if you bred a tri color to a western?
          As far as I know, that pairing has never been tried.

Comment

Originally posted by InventorReptiles View Post
            It probably wouldn't work, given that they are not only separate species but they are also in entirely separate genera.
            2.5.1 leopard geckos, 1.1 bearded dragons, 1.1 crested geckos, 0.1 Madagascar day gecko, 1.1 tokays, 1.0 cave racer, 1.1 corn snakes, 1.1 northern pine snakes, 1.0 royal python, 1.1 Everglades rat snakes, 1.0 gargoyle gecko.

https://www.facebook.com/SwampysReptiles

Comment

Working...
            X