Kingsnake bite...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingsnake bite...

I bealive my kingsnake got a little cut from his last feedings. What would be the best way to treat this...?

Thanks
    5.15.5 Rhacodactylus Ciliatus
    4.3.3 Rhacodactylus Leachianus
    2.3.2 Rhacodactylus Auriculatus
    125 Reef Tank
    Anthony

Not sure what to tell you about how to treat the cut. I will say when I first got in to kings and milks i had one that I thought the snake had wrapped when I looked chew the snakes head off over night so I only feed prekilled for m then on.
    Dale
    "The dead are likely dull fellows, full of tedious complaints - 'the ground's too cold, my gravestone should be larger, why does HE get more worms than I do...'".

Comment

Ok thanks...It is a very minor cut but i thought someone would have good advice....What is the best way to switch your snakes over to prekilled food?
      125 Reef Tank
      Anthony

Comment

Usually they don't even notice the change. Just unthaw it, and using tongs wiggle it around a bit and they should take it. I don't even have to wiggle it around any more for my snakes they just eat the f/t with out any problems at all.
        ~Christa~
        Avalon Reptiles

" If all the beasts were gone man would die from loneliness of spirit... for whatever happens to the beast, happens to the man" -Chief Seattle-

Comment

Alright thanks I think i'm going to try that because I am to afraid my snake is going to get hurt...Any advice on the cut?
          125 Reef Tank
          Anthony

Comment

cut

You can put some Neosporen (make sure it's regular, nothing with pain med, etc. in it!) on it. Just watch him/her for the next couple of days to be sure it doesn't get infected
            Brandie

www.cbballpythons.com
            5.5.7.3 Cresties - 1.2.1 Gargoyle - 1.1 M.I. Chahoua - 1.1.0.4 P.I. Chahoua - 0.0.1 Leachie

"I'm in the high-fidelity first class travelling set.......I think I need a Lear jet"

Comment

Working...
            X