Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question: Pangea CGDs and Mourning Geckos?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Pangea CGDs and Mourning Geckos?

I am currently keeping 3 Mourning geckos, two of which have eggs (one should be laying any day now!).

I was wondering if anyone has had success with certain Pangea CGD over others? Such as the Breeding and Growth formula? (I am especially curious about this one because Mournings are such prolific egg layers, I'd think the breeding diet would be best for them??)

Apricot (orange bag) seems to be the only one they like currently. I have tried the "With Insects" (red bag) too but they turned their noses up at it. Literally.

I do also feed gutloaded, dusted crickets every couple days. And I leave a capful of calcium for them in the viv to self regulate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    TheLuckyMuffin
    0.3.0.4 Lepidodactylus lugubris
    1.0.0.0 Trachemys scripta elegens

I think as long as you are supplying live food on top of their favorite food, you are good. Cap of calcium as you said, you are doing it right!
    You can surely try the breeder formula, it won't hurt anything
    www.geckohaven.com
    Cin

Comment

Thank you Gecko_Haven! It's good to have some reassurance. As a first time gecko owner I have a lot of questions and want to make sure I'm doing what's best for them.
      TheLuckyMuffin

Comment

I rotate all flavors, and they eat all flavors.

Comment

Thank you Herpin Man. I am going to try that. I have one very picky eater so hopefully I will find something she likes.
          TheLuckyMuffin

Comment

UPDATE: My picky eater devoured Pangea's watermelon formula! Still has yet to lay her egg (She's at 5 weeks now).

I also found out that my other two both have eggs. Since they have been in quarantine, I'm not sure when they started developing. Those two took to the Breeding formula well and have been eating their fill of CGD and crickets as well.

Thanks for the input! I'm going to keep trying new things and find what works best for me and my geckos.
            TheLuckyMuffin

Comment

Excellent update! All my girls (gargs, chewies & argicolaes) seem to lay within 1-2 days of shedding; keep an eye on your gal to see if she may follow she shed cycle for laying eggs.
              Andi - Gray Sky Exotics
              www.iHerp.com/Hannibal
              www.facebook.com/andi.vanzant

Comment

I've tried other small feeders both fruit flys which all of my 3 species of mourning geckos love ...and I mean every small feeder ... the ones I agree with the most as do they if you are doing a bio active setup with a drainage layer are these three .dwarf purple (jungle isopods, dwarf white isopods, and my own secret ingredient that I haven't seen listed or even mentioned is the kenyan roach (smallest roach in the hobby )...but believe me they eat them and they are a great un supplemented constant food. Great to have In the tank in between feeding and all act as a clean up crew ... but if you think they are not eating the prepared gecko diet try a mix of three different ones using one per feeding much like individual people, they have individual tastes and behaviors even if they are clones something that gets forgotten in the trade

Comment

Working...
                X