heating tape or keep the heating mat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heating tape or keep the heating mat

ive picked up today some new bins for all my geckos anyways melrone will have a totally new set up. 87.9 cm L x 47.6 cm W X 32.1 cm H 104L bin and i was wondering if i can keep using my heating pad for her tank or have to switch to possible heating tape for the new set up.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

If you're going to tear the adhesive heating pad off the old setup to put on the new setup, it may not work as well. My personal preference is to use Zoo-med heat cable which can be taped down, taken up, moved and re-taped with no problem.

Aliza

Comment

the old mat has been removed from bottom of the tank and tank is just sitting on it and is heating the one side extremely well for a small little thing. i just wanted to make sure it was alright to use as i have no idea if im able to get that heating tape in town anywhere at any pet store.
      i almost always have a small part of tinfoil beneath the heat mat and pressed against the tank.

Comment

If it's heating the way you want it then you may as well use it, in my opinion.

Aliza

Comment

i just wanted to make sure itd be alright with a plastic bin because i will hopefully soon be moving most of my lizards over to their new homes by the end of the week if not next week.

Comment

It's OK with a plastic bin as long as you have a thermostat to keep the heat low enough (no higher than low 90's F) so it won't melt the plastic.

Aliza

Comment

sweet thanks, if not i always will have a heating lamp over her tank almost on 12-16 hours a day.

Comment

i have now moved my leopard to her new bin and she is happily taken everything over in it. i am happy to be able to put new items in for her and given her more space to move in.

Comment

Looks good. I"m glad she has more room now.

Aliza

Comment

about a extra half foot in width to her other tank. she has been climbing everything stretching out rather happy.
                    im also happy having linoleum flooring left over from the house to put in her tank then repti carpet or something along those lines.

Comment

Working...
                    X