X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• niki272
    replied
    Originally posted by Leopardgeckolover View Post
    HELP! I have a leopard gecko that I thought was a girl all her life but now I am thinking otherwise. PLEASE help me in telling me what her gender is he/she?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]79579[/ATTACH]
    Hello,
    unfortunately that picture is quite bad and I'm not able to see anything. You can tell if you have a boy or a girl depending on their femoral pores.
    https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qim...c1d4e686d.webp
    This picture should help. Males have big pores with a waxy substance coming out, females may have visible pores, but they produce no wax. I've spotted some other differences between the two sexes, but they're not consistent in all geckos, so this is the best way.

Leave a comment:

• Leopardgeckolover
    replied
    HELP! I do not know my leopard geckos gender

HELP! I have a leopard gecko that I thought was a girl all her life but now I am thinking otherwise. PLEASE help me in telling me what her gender is he/she?

Click image for larger version

Name:	leopard gecko.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	1071451

Leave a comment:

• niki272
    replied
    Make sure your leo has enough variety in its diet, mine refuse some food items like calciworms but readily take mealworms, superworms and waxworms. They also won't touch the red turkistan roaches but dubias and other roaches are fine, just like crickets and small locusts. Depending on where you are you could visit a reptile expo in your area or order some online (then I suggest looking around on facebook, craigslist, reptile forums or online ad websites to get in touch with other reptile keepers, maybe they order for themselves and you'd be able to split shipping prices).
    If the gecko has a large enough tank, stimuli (stuff to climb, multiple hides, cold and warm spots, a moist hide etc.) and varied diet, they'll soon have a nice, thick tail.

Leave a comment:

• Littlegiscool
    replied
    Hi it would be helpful to know more information like how much and how often they eat do you give him calcium powder what temp the tank is etcetera

(Sry if I send this two times it's my first time on the site)

Leave a comment:

• Littlegiscool
    replied
    I don't think I have anof info to go on it would be helpful to know what and how often you feed them because that could be a large factor

Leave a comment:

• Leopard
    started a topic Leopard gecko | PLEASE HELP

Leopard gecko | PLEASE HELP

I've had a leopard gecko for 6 months now, and its my first time ever owning a gecko.
    I noticed that leopard geckos have long thick takes like the image underneath

my leopard gecko's tail is quite thin, and it doesnt have the stick tail disease because its not that short.
    my leopard gecko is 1 year old and still pretty small, is there any way to make her tail thicker?

Click image for larger version

Name:	high-yellow-leopard-gecko--eublepharis-macularius--in-front-of-white-background-824241682-5ab7fc.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	1106670
Working...
X