Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question for any Skink experts!

Hey guys!

I'm Nix and as you can see, I have a juvi red sided skink lizard named Charminki, or Charm for short. (I personally think he's a dragon but we'll get into that some other time).

Anyway, I have a question for anyone who could help. Charmi here, has had this bump on his leg on and off as of late. In terms of his behavior, he's normal and mobile, not hurt by it. In fact, he likes to climb all the time, basks normally, lets me and his second mommy (my best friend) poke his leg, and of course eats. He also climbs to the top of the cage and hangs from the top of the of the screen so maybe he hurt it there or potentially's getting burned from the light? Not really sure what this could be, both of his mommies looked into MBD being a possibility, but i don't know… he seems too active for MBD to be a thing. His food's also dusted with calcium, vitamins and d3 in appropriate intervals.

Any suggestions?

Here are also some photos for reference:

Click image for larger version

Name:	KakaoTalk_Photo_2016-12-01-21-26-23_21.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	1103163

Name:	KakaoTalk_Photo_2016-12-01-21-26-25_53.jpg
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	1103164

Name:	KakaoTalk_Photo_2016-12-01-21-26-26_79.jpg
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	1103165

Is it the right leg? (The pics came in really small for me.)I'm by no means a skink expert, or even own a skink, but from what I can see, it looks like it's filled with pus. How does it feel? Is it squishy or hard? Can you move it around some or is it in place? Is it under the skin or is it like a bump on top of the skin? (I.e, like s scab. They are on top of the skin) the way to know for sure is by taking Charm to the vet. Make sure it specializes in exotics.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    1.1.CRESTED GECKO Phantom & Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis RIP
    1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

Originally posted by Lovelyanddekstest View Post
      Is it the right leg? (The pics came in really small for me.)I'm by no means a skink expert, or even own a skink, but from what I can see, it looks like it's filled with pus. How does it feel? Is it squishy or hard? Can you move it around some or is it in place? Is it under the skin or is it like a bump on top of the skin? (I.e, like s scab. They are on top of the skin) the way to know for sure is by taking Charm to the vet. Make sure it specializes in exotics.
      Thanks so much! There are no scabs bumps, cuts or anything on his skin. I am going to take him to a vet. Any suggestions on how to keep him warm in travel?

Comment

Better images, any opinions would help! He's going to the vet on Monday. Still no sign of pain, no change in eating-- still eats well. No coughing, heavy breathing, sneezing, foaming at the mouth, seizures, nada. Still climbs and runs around and decipected here, still fast as hell!

Comment

it looks swollen. has he fallen of the side/top (or anywhere) of his cage that you know off? Im thinking maybe he broke (or sprayed) it and its swelling up. maybe its numb, that would explain why he doesnt show any signs of pain. but I have no idea. as for keeping him worm...... how far away is the vet clinic?

put him in a kritter keeper in appropiate size, lined with paper towel.
          -pre-heat the car.
          -for the inbetween (on way out to car and from car). get a cardboard box large enought for the KK to fit with a little extra space. WalMart should have things for people who work outside to put in the gloves to keep the hands warm, they stay warm for severaly hours... take a few of those and wrap the towel(s) aroung them. make sure you can feel warmth coming from them, but not too hot. take the towel wrapped heat pad thing and put it in the extra space around the KK thats in the box. make sure you leave the top of the KK open for ventilation. before putting the lizard in the KK, test it out to make sure the temp is correct.
          .1.DOG Jiggles
          .1.YBST Cloveth
          1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

Thanks all for your input!

Good news-- He does not have MBD, his bone density is amazing and his overall health is great!
            Bad news-- He indeed broke his leg! The Vet was amazed he could still use it, its because his bones are so strong!
            Good news-- he has pain meds!
            Bed news-- he kicked off his cast within an hour of having it on D: hahaha, back to the vet we go!

Thank you all! My little buddy's xrays and cast (that he kicked off sigh):

Name:	KakaoTalk_Photo_2016-12-06-10-09-09_16.jpg
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	1069863

Name:	KakaoTalk_Photo_2016-12-06-10-09-11_24.jpg
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	1069864

Name:	KakaoTalk_Photo_2016-12-06-10-09-12_97.jpg
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	1069865

Name:	KakaoTalk_Photo_2016-12-06-10-09-14_46.jpg
Size:	7.0 KB
ID:	1069866

Comment

That's great and bad news at the same time. I'm so glad it's not something worse, but I wish it was just fatty tissue or something. How does a lizard even have a cast? Lol.
              .1.DOG Jiggles
              .1.YBST Cloveth
              1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

Originally posted by Lovelyanddekstest View Post
                That's great and bad news at the same time. I'm so glad it's not something worse, but I wish it was just fatty tissue or something. How does a lizard even have a cast? Lol.
                They have this stretchy blue fabric that tapes on itself, kind of like an Ace bandage!
                here are some pictures prior to him rebelling and taking it off:

Name:	image1.JPG
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	1069870

Name:	image2.JPG
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	1069871

Comment

Working...