Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What can live comfortably in a 12x12x12?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What can live comfortably in a 12x12x12?

I have a zoomed 12x12x12 glass terrarium, at the moment it houses my two fire bellied toads. While they're doing well, I want to upgrade them after christmas (anticipating a lot of pet store gift cards!) to something bigger, meaning I'll have a vacant terrarium!

Are there any reptiles or amphibians that might do well in this size? I'm not really into insects or arachnids, so those are off the table. Ive heard perhaps a pacman frog, but looking into it, they seem to be able to get rather large.

Melissa
    0.1.0 F.catus (kitty kat) - Wanda
    1.0.1 C.ciliatus - Poe, Wicket
    1.1.0 B.orientalis - Morgoth, Malgus (Morgy and Malgy)

3 Bauer's Chameleon Gecko (Eurydactylodes Agricolae) can fit in a 12x12x18 but hats if you're breeding, I'd say 2 females in a 12x12x12 as females max out at 10-12 grams and males max out at 6-8 grams (so tiny!!) Their a super interesting species from New calidonia(sorry for terrible spelling) and they do best in bioactive vivs. Would be a great addition to your collection! If you're willing to pay 30-50$ shipping you can get a couple females from Pangeas store
    Sam
    C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.2 E.Macularius 1.2 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1 Boa Constrictor Imperator 0.1
    Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
    Instagram: @sams_exotics

Comment

2 female agricloae are hard to find and also pretty expensive. but one could live in a 12x12x12. And it would not need to be sexed if not breeding.

Comment

Unless a permanent home for tarantulas, I typically just use that size for growing out hatchling geckos, and they eventually get moved up.

Comment

I never even thought of an agricolae, that might be a possibility!

Definitely not a tarantula, beautiful creatures but they'd terrify me, haha. I thin k if I can't find anything to fit in well after a few more opinions, it will be a grow out tank.

Melissa

Comment

A young juvenile crested could live in it for a while, but would need a bigger cage past 10 grams or so.
            3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

Originally posted by perkyjawa View Post
              I never even thought of an agricolae, that might be a possibility!

Definitely not a tarantula, beautiful creatures but they'd terrify me, haha.

Yeah, I don't think most people would like the idea - but they can be neat captives! If you do have any interest in insects, there are others that might go in there - a mantis, for example.

I also had the thought - what about a single Paroedura androyensis?

Comment

Originally posted by Niffarious View Post
                Yeah, I don't think most people would like the idea - but they can be neat captives! If you do have any interest in insects, there are others that might go in there - a mantis, for example.

I also had the thought - what about a single Paroedura androyensis?
                These guys are adorable! Definitely another species to consider. Mantis' are another one of those that are gorgeous, but just not for me personally.

Melissa

Comment

Paroedura androyensis are so adorable!!! Definitely a good gecko to consider!
                  Sam
                  C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.2 E.Macularius 1.2 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1 Boa Constrictor Imperator 0.1
                  Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
                  Instagram: @sams_exotics

Comment

Check out genus Sphaerodactylus (http://www.geckotime.com/keeping-sphaerodactylus/). I keep a S. macrolepis in a 12x12x12 and could easily have 1.2 or 1.1.

Aliza

Comment

Working...
                    X