Is this a good supplement schedule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good supplement schedule?

Now I am getting my leopard gecko VERY soon so I need to get the supplement stuff out of the way. I have the three types of supplements. I have the Rep-Cal Herptivite, the Zoomed Reptile calcium with D3, and the Zoomed Reptile calcium without D3. Now, what I thought I was going to do is leave a bowl in the tank of the Zoomed Reptile calcium without D3, and feed him the Zoomed Reptile calcium with D3 5 days of the week and the Rep-Cal Herptivite two days of the week. Is this good idea. And help is VERY needed. Thank you

Schedule example

Sun-Zoomed Reptile calcium with D3
    Mon-Zoomed Reptile calcium with D3
    Tues-Rep-Cal Herptivite
    Wed-Zoomed Reptile calcium with D3
    Thurs-Rep-Cal Herptivite
    Fri-Zoomed Reptile calcium with D3
    Sat-Zoomed Reptile calcium with D3
    IN TANK- Reptile calcium with D3

Or do a schedual like this

Monday- Calcium with no D3
    Tuesday- Calcium with D3
    Wednesday- Calcium with no D3
    Thursday- Multivitamins
    Friday- Multivitamins
    Saturday- Calcium With D3
    Sunday- Multivitamins

What ever you think I should do let me

Are you going to be dusting crickets with the calcium ? That would be ideal for leopard geckos imo

Comment

yeah, is it going to be on the crickets/meal worms or just plain?
      .1.DOG Jiggles
      1.1.CRESTED GECKO Phantom & Lovely
      .1.YBST Cloveth
      .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
      1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis RIP
      1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

This is what I do, crickets dusted with calcium with d3 2-3 times a week and then roaches or crickets dusted with pangea leaped gecko diet 2-3 times a week lately it has been roaches for there high protein , crickets don't supply a good amount of protein less than 5% but dubia roaches are close to 50% and I also make sure to gut load my insects with multiple things such as carrots cucumber lettuce kale fruits leaperd gecko diet crested gecko diet and a little calcium and others aslong as u stay along these lines ur geckos should do fine

Comment

Just put ur supplement powders in a plastic bag then put ur crickets In the bag shake them up till there coverd then feed them to ur geckos

Comment

Be careful with providing so much D3, this is a vitamin that can be overdosed. I supplement my adults geckos once a week with a multi-vitamin (with D3) and dust with calcium once a week or leave a bottle top in the tank. Younger or breeding animals will require more supplementation and animals with suitable UV will require little too no D3 supplements.

Edit - crickets do not contain 5% protein. All commonly available inverts provide plenty of protein for reptiles.
            Abronia ~ Hemidactylus ~ Hemitheconyx ~ Holaspis ~ Paroedura ~ Phelsuma ~ Tribolonotus ~ Tropidophorus ~ Tropiocolotes

Comment

Working...
            X