Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! Possible Infection on Leopard Gecko Tail!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Possible Infection on Leopard Gecko Tail!

So with Draco's last shed he had a bit of shed left that he refused to let me take off, even after multiple soaks and tries so I thought he might be able to take it off himself over time. Well next shed came around and it was still there and there was more shed stuck on the tail and this time I gave it a little tug and it came right off but it started bleeding...a lot. It's been a few days now and the tip of his tail is a dark red and it's smaller than the rest of the tip and I'm really scared and don't know what to do. Will it heal on its own? Should I take him to the vet? Please help!

And I mean he's acting normal, like his happy self and exploring as usual but I'm still worried.

I am by far not a leo owner, nor know anything about them, but posting a pic will help anyone who is.
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    1.1.CRESTED GECKO Phantom & Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis RIP
    1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

Here are some pictures!

Comment

again, I am no leo person, but I do own cresteds and have had many other reptiles before adn from the looks of it, it looks like it is healing.. the darkness of it is the skin healing over. that is what happens when you dont take the bad skin/shed off, it will constrict and stop blood flow. glad it is off before it got worse.

I highly suggest waiting for a more experienced (even someone with a tad experience is better then me, tbh) to reply.
        .1.DOG Jiggles
        .1.YBST Cloveth
        1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

thank you so much, it puts my mind at ease just a little bit, like I said he seems perfectly happy I'm just a worry wart.

Comment

yeah, I completely understand. if you are that worried, you could always take him in anyway. just for a checkup and to know for sure.
            .1.DOG Jiggles
            .1.YBST Cloveth
            1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

Keep it clean and the tip will probably fall off. If you see the red area progressing up the tail, take the gecko to a reptile vet.

Aliza

Comment

This is what the tip of the tail looks like as of today!

Comment

Working...
                X