Large lump on one side of Day Gecko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large lump on one side of Day Gecko

Aloha all! This is my first post here. I have a p. laticauda who is healthy and normal aside from a huge growth on her left side, just behind where her endolymphatic ones would be. It's not a calcium sac, as her "usual" sac on both went down when I cut the calcium out of her diet as a test. Our Sweet Pea (as we've named her) has laid three pairs of eggs, producing six healthy babies. She has no breeding partner, so these were from a previous encounter before we got her in November of last year. She's only had one episode of bad shed and is otherwise behaving normal. The growth has been there for the past two months, while her last clutch of eggs was back in February. She has been getting food dusted with vitamin D and calcium, has heat and UVB, eats and poops normally, and doesn't have issues. Any idea what this could be?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	1102594

From that photo the skin looks too viable to be an abscess, it could be a tumor of some sort. I would take her to a vet even if she seems like she is acting fine now.
    Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
    DoubleHelixGeckos.com
    Facebook Page
    iHerp Page

Comment

Originally posted by CrestieFu View Post
      From that photo the skin looks too viable to be an abscess, it could be a tumor of some sort. I would take her to a vet even if she seems like she is acting fine now.
      Man, would a vet even be able to work on a patient this small? She's barely four inches long?

Comment

If you can find a good herp vet, yes they have their ways...
        Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
        DoubleHelixGeckos.com
        Facebook Page
        iHerp Page

Comment

Working...
        X