Keeping crested geckos cool in dry areas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping crested geckos cool in dry areas

Hi! I've been researching everything I need to know about owning a crested gecko, and this issue popped into my mind a bit ago. I live in San Diego, California and summers can be very hot and dry. That said, I know they need to be at a temperature of 78-82 degrees during the day. Most days here in San Diego can reach 90+ degrees, so to an extent I need to manage the temperature even more. Does anyone know what could help with this? Is it as simple as a fan, or something? apologies if I seem to be overthinking all this. I just want to make sure I have everything ready for my gecko to be comfortable.
    Thanks!!

78-82 is too high as a constant temp. 70-78 is the average for summer. and preferable 75 or lower is ideal As long as it's comfy for you in your home they're fine as well.

If you run AC, that's fine, if you have no way of cooling your home and you don't have a cool room to put them in than a crestie might not be for you. I live in Santa Rosa and my Gargoyle gecko has been fine, but we also have the AC run if it gets much higher than 70F.
    Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanical8Dragon View Post
      78-82 is too high as a constant temp. 70-78 is the average for summer. and preferable 75 or lower is ideal As long as it's comfy for you in your home they're fine as well.

If you run AC, that's fine, if you have no way of cooling your home and you don't have a cool room to put them in than a crestie might not be for you. I live in Santa Rosa and my Gargoyle gecko has been fine, but we also have the AC run if it gets much higher than 70F.

Ok. Thanks for the advice!! now I think cooling won't be a problem. I know there's gonna be a big reptile show in San Diego, so if I have any more questions I'll ask there

Comment

nice! Hope ya find a nice little lump of gecko at that show
        Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
        Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
        1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanical8Dragon View Post
          nice! Hope ya find a nice little lump of gecko at that show
          YES! I'm really looking forward to it!!

Comment

Working...
          X