Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey been awhile folks! What are some of your favorite reptiles! Wanting to explore!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey been awhile folks! What are some of your favorite reptiles! Wanting to explore!

So I've been re-visiting reptiles (and other small reptiles w/big personalities) because I'm having that crazy reptile-need urge. This isn't an animal I'm going to be getting any time soon (I need to get full time first at my job before seriously digging in deep into all of this) but I do want to start planning things out.

Because of the lack of space, my #1 want (brazilian rainbow boa) is out for now (no way do we have room for a 4ft+ enclosure, even if I bought a baby, I'm not sure how quickly they grow and don't want to risk having a big snake but no room for it's proper tank). I'm trying to find reptiles that have some really big personality, are very 'chill' with handling, social (in a sense), and a bit larger than your normal gargoyle/crested gecko. (My gargoyle will get an 18x18x24 upgrade soon once I get some spending money to get new, larger plants, etc.) so something that would fit in a similar sized tank, or a bit larger, would be great. I always hear stories of people with bearded dragons and skinks that make them sound like friggin puppies LOL, but I feel they might require a bit too large of a tank than I have space for. I like to spoil my animals and give them practically castles for enclosures so even if a reptile only requires say a 2ft tank for example, I'd probably go 3+ because spoilage. haha.

Fill me with information guys! I'm really interested in what other reptiles I can learn about and possibly keep.
    Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

corn snake are good in 10 gallons tanks. they are out going and easy to handle and are good eaters. than dont get larger them say 4 feeat. my biggest was roughly 5 feet but she was long for a corn. also ball bythons (my personel fav) are good. can sometimes be pivky eaters, but can also get bigger then a corn. ive kept some in a 10 gallon also in a 55 gallon. the biggest ive ever had was 4 foot. you may also like sand boas, they dont get big at all, depending on the size yours would get to be, you may could keep it in a 5 gallon. mine tyhat i had wastnt bigger hten maybe 6 inches, but you said ou want something bigger, lol. beared dragons need larger cages. some reps may only require 2 ft. tanks, and you said maybe a 3+ tank youd get, but some like cozy habitats. what about a trantula?
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    1.1.CRESTED GECKO Phantom & Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis RIP
    1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

You could do a Panther Gecko (aka Pictus Gecko) They only require 10G and have the same care as Leopard geckos only smaller.
      1.2.0 Crested Gecko (Galaxy, Nanner, Haitachi)
      0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Charley)

Business starting in 2017 Awesome Surprises (facebook only atm) breeding Cresties and Gargs! May breed other reptiles and species in the future but for now just going to collect them all!

Comment

im not a spider person lol so tarantula is SSOOO out LOLLL and in terms of snakes, i really don't want to end up with more than one and since my BRB is the only snake im interested in, I don't know how it would work out P:

I guess I should have clarified as I'm mainly looking into lizards/geckos and not so much snakes (unless someone with BRB experience can tell me how long it takes them until i need that 4ft+ enclosure cus we plan to move into a home of some sort in around 2 years lol but Im pretty sure a BRB will be full grown in under that time)

hmmm I've seen pictus geckos, they're very............... interesting looking heh
        Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
        Sovereign Reptiles

Comment

Ya. My friend Kelly has one and he's a cutie. Maybe she'll chime in at some point to post a pic.
          1.2.0 Crested Gecko (Galaxy, Nanner, Haitachi)
          0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Charley)

Business starting in 2017 Awesome Surprises (facebook only atm) breeding Cresties and Gargs! May breed other reptiles and species in the future but for now just going to collect them all!

Comment

A smaller leachianus type might be a good choice for you.

Comment

i've been thinkin' about leachies, but I don't know enough about them to know what types there are and which is better for my situation @_@ I know there are different crosses and stuff but outside of that I'm lost xD
              Sovereign Reptiles

Comment

You would probably want to look into nuu ana, nuu ami or a cross of the two. You would have the benefits of a smaller size and some nice coloration.

Comment

giant day gecko
                  African fat lailed gecko
                  or if you want one that will advenualy get 6+feet long, you can get an iguana(I want another sooo bad)
                  fthey will do in a 20 gallo long tank as babies, but then when fully grown they need to go into a very very very large encloser. huge. they will fully grown about 1-3 years old.
                  does if have to be a reptile? bird.
                  chameleon.
                  .1.DOG Jiggles
                  .1.YBST Cloveth
                  1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

giant day gecko
                    African fat lailed gecko
                    or if you want one that will advenualy get 6+feet long, you can get an iguana(I want another sooo bad)
                    fthey will do in a 20 gallo long tank as babies, but then when fully grown they need to go into a very very very large encloser. huge. they will fully grown about 1-3 years old.
                    does if have to be a reptile? bird.
                    chameleon.
                    .1.DOG Jiggles
                    .1.YBST Cloveth
                    1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

AGE............................................... ......S.V.L....................................... .........................S.T.L. (S . V . L snout to vent length, S . T . L snout to tail length.)
                      Just hatched..............2 Inches head to vent ............6-8 inches total length.

At 3 months old..........4 inches head to vent.............12 inches total length.

At 6 months old..........6 inches head to vent..............18 inches total length.

At 1 year old................8 inches head to vent..............2 foot total length.

At 18 months old........10 inches head to vent............30 inches total length.

At 2 years old..............12 inches head to vent.............3 foot total length.

At 3 years old..............16 inches head to vent.............45 inches total length.

At 4 years old..............18 inches head to vent.............54 inches total length.

At 5 years old..............20 inches head to vent.............5 foot total length

At 6 years old..............22 inches head to vent.............66 inches total length.

At 7 years old..............up to 24 inches head to vent....Up to 6 foot total length.
                      .1.DOG Jiggles
                      .1.YBST Cloveth
                      1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

AGE............................................... ......S.V.L....................................... .........................S.T.L. (S . V . L snout to vent length, S . T . L snout to tail length.)
                        Just hatched..............2 Inches head to vent ............6-8 inches total length.

At 3 months old..........4 inches head to vent.............12 inches total length.

At 6 months old..........6 inches head to vent..............18 inches total length.

At 1 year old................8 inches head to vent..............2 foot total length.

At 18 months old........10 inches head to vent............30 inches total length.

At 2 years old..............12 inches head to vent.............3 foot total length.

At 3 years old..............16 inches head to vent.............45 inches total length.

At 4 years old..............18 inches head to vent.............54 inches total length.

At 5 years old..............20 inches head to vent.............5 foot total length

At 6 years old..............22 inches head to vent.............66 inches total length.

At 7 years old..............up to 24 inches head to vent....Up to 6 foot total length.
                        .1.DOG Jiggles
                        .1.YBST Cloveth
                        1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

i already have a bird sooo... yeah no more birds LOL and yes specifically reptiles and specifically lizards/geckos P:
                          Sovereign Reptiles

Comment

Working...
                          X