Attaching two aqueon tanks together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attaching two aqueon tanks together?

Is it possible? Not to hold water of course. I researched this and only found things on fish tank forums, but I think for terrestrial reptiles this could be quite handy.

Especially with the $1 per gallon sale. Imagine putting two 40 gallon breeders together, that would be awesome. But the question I have is how?

There will definitely be a small gap between the two tanks after one of the glass panels is taken out of each. So how would one go about filling that gap securely? I don think aquarium silicone would be enough but then again I could be wrong.

I'm sure someone has done it or atleast attempted this before. Maybe JB marine weld? But idk how safe it'd be for reptiles. But if it's covered with substrate it should be fine I think.

You can get GE 1 silicone for windows and doors to attach them together and fill in the gaps. If you could trim the plastic frame around the tank, they may fit more snug.
    “I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?”-The 11th Doctor.
    1.0.0-Leopard Gecko Ziggy
    1.0.0-Crested Gecko Axel-The Frogman
    0.1.0-Guinea Pig Brownie
    Various insect breeding projects-B.dubia, T. molitor, M. quinquemaculata

Comment

Yeah I feel like it should work quite well, I'm suprised I couldn't find a thread on it. Thank you! I figure it would work well for a bearded dragon or Uromastyx, and I also found a video on YouTube how to put sliding glass doors on an aquarium fairly easily, so it may be an interesting thing to try.

Comment

I always say don't knock it til you try it! I'm always coming up with ways to make things, once I'm over this cold I'll be working on pallet planters and raised beds for my upcoming food gardens.
        “I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?”-The 11th Doctor.
        0.1.0-Guinea Pig Brownie

Comment

That's awesome! I'll definitely do stuff like that when I get my own place.

Comment

It's definitely nice eating your own organically grown food. I had the best cucumbers in a long time last year from my cucumber plants, they were not bitter like you get from the grocery store.
            0.1.0-Guinea Pig Brownie

Comment

Working...
            X