No announcement yet.

Giant Day Gecko Baby!!!(names needed!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giant Day Gecko Baby!!!(names needed!)

So I finally got it! The little gecko I've always wanted! The previous owner has it hand tamed but I will still not handle it very often (once or twice a week) it's in a temporary quarantine bin (6qt) till I get a bit larger of a container.
    So without further inturuption, here it is!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	received_1681657228782654.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	5.0 KB
ID:	1101607

Name:	received_1681656258782751.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	4.5 KB
ID:	1101608
    Anyone have any name suggestions?
    Also I noticed a lump on its back and was wondering if it is normal, I've not owned this species before so I don't know, it's right below the neck, Imbetween the shoulders

Name:	received_1681658468782530.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	1101609
    Sam
    C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.2 E.Macularius 1.2 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1 Boa Constrictor Imperator 0.1
    Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
    Instagram: @sams_exotics

It's name is Watermelon, credit goes to my bff's sister
    Sam
    C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.2 E.Macularius 1.2 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1 Boa Constrictor Imperator 0.1

Comment

That is a great name for that beautiful gecko!

Comment

Thanks! I'm so happy I finally got a little one all to myself XD
        Sam

Comment

Darn, you already have a name and I was going to suggest Derp....it looks like a derpy baby

I want a look but don't touch gecko, like a Tokay.
          “I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?”-The 11th Doctor.
          1.0.0-Leopard Gecko Ziggy
          1.0.0-Crested Gecko Axel-The Frogman
          0.1.0-Guinea Pig Brownie
          Various insect breeding projects-B.dubia, T. molitor, M. quinquemaculata

Comment

This one is actually pretty tame which is amazing, it's only about an inch and a half long (will weigh soon) and races over to my hand when put in its tub which is adorable! Derp would've been an awesome name cause it is quite the derpy little baby but if you look at my signature I name most of my animals after food, Potato, Pineapple, Burrito, and now Watermelon! And I have 2 Crestie eggs incubating and hopefully 2 going to be laid tonight! I'll be needing tons if names soon!!
            Sam

Comment

Names always come to me. I ordered a couple of Black Feigning Death Beetles for my bio-active leopard gecko tank and I named them Biggie and Tupac because I was listening to Hypnotize By Biggie last night and thought that was perfect for them, don't know why.
              “I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?”-The 11th Doctor.
              1.0.0-Leopard Gecko Ziggy
              1.0.0-Crested Gecko Axel-The Frogman
              0.1.0-Guinea Pig Brownie
              Various insect breeding projects-B.dubia, T. molitor, M. quinquemaculata

Comment

Great name! I get a lot of my names by looking at the names on paint chips of the appropriate color. As far as the lump on the back goes, I guess there's a chance it could be a congenital scoliosis (which may or may not get worse) or possibly early MBD. I'm not saying it is either, just pointing out possibilities. Hopefully, it's not a big deal.

Aliza

Comment

That's cute how you named the beetles jess! I will be adding extra calcium suplemt to all its food as it does have a tiny but of a wavy tail so I'm assuming it's starting mbd, will work on it greatly though so it stops but that little gecko is just ferocious otherwise, it doesn't seem to be affecting the animal at all!
                  Sam

Comment

Working...
                  X