Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradwillard96
    replied
    I would love to have barking geckos, but again they are too expensive. I want a terrestrial species that is very active altogether and interactive with each other. It'd be a bonus if the species is very vocal with one another, but I can't get everything I'm wanting for a cheap price so I'll have to settle lol.

Leave a comment:

• Bradwillard96
    replied
    Thank you vgorst! I'll look into some other paroedura species!

Leave a comment:

• vgorst
    replied
    I'm not sure how much they cost in the US, pretty cheap in the UK. There are other Paroedura species you can look into, some terrestrial and some semi-arboreal

Leave a comment:

• Bradwillard96
    replied
    Yeah but I want something more terrestrial. I may go with 2 pictus if that's enough room. How much do viper geckos cost? I don't know much about them, ill have to do some research. Sounds interesting though.

Leave a comment:

• vgorst
    replied
    You've got a fair amount of choice with that space. Small day gecko species, micro geckos, mourning geckos, viper geckos, possibly anoles, house geckos etc. The croc skinks would definitely be better in a 3ft, especially if you plan on getting more than one

Leave a comment:

• Jess Johnson
    replied

All of my fun breeding projects are insects lol.

Leave a comment:

• Bradwillard96
    replied
    thank you very much! Maybe ill do both, but croc skinks when the uromastyx is in his new cage. That would be a fun breeding project

Leave a comment:

• Jess Johnson
    replied
    http://www.thegeckospot.net/pictuscare.php Care sheet on pictus.
    I think you could fit 2 females in there comfortably.

Leave a comment:

• Bradwillard96
    replied
    I know I could do a few in the 36x18x12. But it will be a month or two until that enclosure is empty and then I'd have to do the build (live Vivarium of course, with flowing water feature) if that's the tank that I use. But I couldn't do much of a river type water feature in the 24x18x18. And I could probably only have one croc skink in there. How many pictus could I have in there?

Leave a comment:

• CrestieFan1
    replied
    Had to do a little reading but from what I see the crocodile skink should do fine in that size enclosure.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• CrestieFan1
    replied
    You could also do a few long tailed grass lizards in there. I dont know a lot about them though.

Just another thought.

Leave a comment:

• Bradwillard96
    replied
    Thanks for the quick replies. I've thought about those but the diet would be an issue. And I'm really not into spiders. Lizards are more my thing lol but thanks for the options! Maybe a croc skink?

Leave a comment:

• Jess Johnson
    replied
    They shoot blood from their eyes when threatened and now the wild population or horned lizards is becoming depleted.

A pictus would be good for that, small yes but I believe they are quite hardy. Tarantulas are cool and would love an enclosure that size.

Leave a comment:

• CrestieFan1
    replied
    What about horny toads? Just a thought. The hard part would be diet as they eat only some species of ants. You would have to order them.

I looked into getting some once and they are neat little guys.

Leave a comment:

• Bradwillard96
    started a topic Lizard(s) for 24x18x18 Exo Terra?

Lizard(s) for 24x18x18 Exo Terra?

I saw a great deal on Craigslist for a 24x18x18 exo terra that I just can't pass up.

I'm meeting the person Friday to get it, but I want some suggestions on what I could put in it.

I kind of want something terrestrial and somewhat easy to handle, but honestly, if its entertaining to watch that's fine with me.

I don't want a leopard gecko, I want something different. But therein lies the problem, most species are too expensive.

I thought about pictus geckos, but they are so tiny... though it is an option I guess.

Please help me figure this out! Again I'm looking for terrestrial, not arboreal. And diurnal is a plus!

* Also I have a 36x18x12 that is currently housing a baby uro until I complete its 4'x2'x2' cage, so I will hopefully be able to use that in the near future. So species that are better suited for the 36x18 tank are welcome as well, but try to stay with the 24x18x18 if possible.

Thanks everyone!
Working...
X