freeze dried crickets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freeze dried crickets

Hi I just got fluker's freeze dried crickets and was able to get snappy my leo to eat them. Are they ok for her to eat? I will still be feeding her live mealworns. My brother dosen't want live crickets in the house.

When freeze dried a lot of their nutrients go to waste, that why we gutload live crickets before feeding, they'd be OK temperaraly but offer little nutrient wise
    Sam
    C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.2 E.Macularius 1.2 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1 Boa Constrictor Imperator 0.1
    Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
    Instagram: @sams_exotics

Comment

Originally posted by Last_Creature View Post
      When freeze dried a lot of their nutrients go to waste, that why we gutload live crickets before feeding, they'd be OK temperaraly but offer little nutrient wise
      Thanks for the quick responds. The bottle says they were gutload before freezing, but her diet will still be mostly mealworms which I do gutload. Just wanted to change up her diet a little. Like i said before my brother doesn't like live crickets.

Comment

Np I don't like live crickets either but if they were gutloaded before being freeze then they'd be a great afternoon snack
        Sam
        C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.2 E.Macularius 1.2 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1 Boa Constrictor Imperator 0.1

Comment

Np I don't like live crickets either but if they were gutloaded before being freeze then they'd be a great afternoon snack
          Sweet thanks for the help. oh and do you think dusting will help because dusting mealworms is a pain.

Comment

No problem dusting should work just as well as dusting life crickets....just not moving ones... I know how you feel, meal worms are a nightmare to dust
            Sam

Comment

No problem dusting should work just as well as dusting life crickets....just not moving ones... I know how you feel, meal worms are a nightmare to dust
              Lol thanks for the help.

Comment

Freeze dried has no moisture and even though it says they were gut-loaded, they may not have any nutritional value, plus leo's feed by a movement response. When I feed crickets, I go out the day that I feel like feeding and give them to mine that night. I have found that Repashy Calcium Plus sticks to the mealworms better than the other calcium, I put a pinch in my dish and swirl them around in it.
                “I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?”-The 11th Doctor.
                1.0.0-Leopard Gecko Ziggy
                1.0.0-Crested Gecko Axel-The Frogman
                0.1.0-Guinea Pig Brownie
                Various insect breeding projects-B.dubia, T. molitor, M. quinquemaculata

Comment

Originally posted by Jess Johnson View Post
                  Freeze dried has no moisture and even though it says they were gut-loaded, they may not have any nutritional value, plus leo's feed by a movement response. When I feed crickets, I go out the day that I feel like feeding and give them to mine that night. I have found that Repashy Calcium Plus sticks to the mealworms better than the other calcium, I put a pinch in my dish and swirl them around in it.
                  Thanks for the reply. Would it be ok to use it as a treat? I didn't have any problems getting her to eat them. I don't if it helps but I did soke them in water for a few minutes to soften because they are a little hard.

Comment

I've never used them and have had no desire to. Since crickets are not allowed, there are many other worm feeders you could try. Phoenix worms, hornworms and silkworms are all great feeders
                    “I’m being extremely clever up here and there’s no one to stand around looking impressed! What’s the point in having you all?”-The 11th Doctor.
                    0.1.0-Guinea Pig Brownie

Comment

Originally posted by Jess Johnson View Post
                      I've never used them and have had no desire to. Since crickets are not allowed, there are many other worm feeders you could try. Phoenix worms, hornworms and silkworms are all great feeders
                      Thanks can you tell me where I can get some of these worms. And how often can I feed them to her? My petsmart only sells mealworms and waxworm and I knoe waxworm are only a treat.

Comment

Mulberry Farms sells silkworms, hornworms and Phoenix worms. They have great customer service
                        0.1.0-Guinea Pig Brownie

Comment

Working...
                        X