Geckos that can thrive on only cgd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geckos that can thrive on only cgd

Just out of curiousity, besides the rhac species, what geckos can thrive only on cgd with no insects?

Really CGD should only be part of any rhacs diet rather than the entirety, same with other species. Day geckos and mourning geckos will take CGD but that should just supplement a bug diet
    Abronia ~ Hemidactylus ~ Hemitheconyx ~ Holaspis ~ Paroedura ~ Phelsuma ~ Tribolonotus ~ Tropidophorus ~ Tropiocolotes

Comment

Repashy also makes different kinds of Powdered diets for various kinds of lizard and gecko
      1.2.0 Crested Gecko (Galaxy, Nanner, Haitachi)
      0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Charley)

Business starting in 2017 Awesome Surprises (facebook only atm) breeding Cresties and Gargs! May breed other reptiles and species in the future but for now just going to collect them all!

Comment

Gehyra marginata (also known as poor mans leechie, halmahera, or mollucan gecko) love fruit diets. Really really cool gecko species. Also mourning geckos! I supplement all my gecko's with insects but you could just use the powdered diet with insect protein added if you don't want to do live insects.

Comment

Which would be the best combo for mourning geckos? We have them wild, so my main interest is when I keep the hurt or sick ones captive for a while.

Comment

Honestly I wouldn't catch a wild gecko or animal of any kind. Unfortunately when You catch a wild animal every day you keep it from it's natural habitat the more it loses the ability to cope on it's own.
            1.2.0 Crested Gecko (Galaxy, Nanner, Haitachi)
            0.1.0 Leopard Gecko (Charley)

Business starting in 2017 Awesome Surprises (facebook only atm) breeding Cresties and Gargs! May breed other reptiles and species in the future but for now just going to collect them all!

Comment

I have a very friendly little mourning gecko who was attacked by a Day Gecko (illegally imported into Hawaii) and damaged her mouth so she could not eat. I had to hand feed her very tiny little worms. She got to the point where she was able to feed on her own, but then apparently the lower half of her jaw broke from the damage.

I have had similar mourning geckos with broken jaws caused by day gecko attacks. Their mouths dried out since they could not close them and became bloody and the geckos died. I expected the same for this one and placed her in an aquarium to protect her from other geckos and ants.

But I had ordered some of the Pangea to try giving to our wild geckos. Since she had not eaten in 2 weeks and was obviously near death; I mixed some of it up, caught her and placed a drop of the food on her mouth. She licked it off. Did the same thing the next day and she licked more. Mixed it up and put it in the aquarium and she started eating it and has continued to do so for the last week.

I do not keep ANY geckos (wild or otherwise) captive normally, as I prefer them in their native environment. But this little girl obviously cannot survive on her own and would soon die. It was an easy decision and I would do it again. Any time.

So would you have just let her die?

Comment

Working...
              X