Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leopard Geckos and hamster wheels? Good or Bad? Pros and Cons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leopard Geckos and hamster wheels? Good or Bad? Pros and Cons?

I'm curious to see what other people think!

I've had a wheel for my geckos for a little over two years, the oldest one I have, probably about five years old, she LOVES the wheel. She sleeps on it, runs, walks, anything! Its an 18 inch diameter wire wheel, its got very small spacing between the wire, she's never gotten her foot stuck, medium crickets cant fit through (to give an idea on how small the spacing is). The other three geckos I have, two younger leopards and an African fat tail, they all use it as well, often I'll see one of them climb up the center of the wheel and go a little towards the side so they swing down the side like on a Ferris wheel. They all enjoy it, sometimes I wonder if they enjoy it too much!

Personally, I think they're good for the geckos, they have the freedom to use it when they want, it gives them the option to have a little extra exercise.

Pros: The geckos enjoy it, its low cost, easy entertainment and fun to watch them play on!

Cons: The wheel squeaks sometimes, which can become annoying, it takes up quite a chunk of space in the terrarium, it can look a bit out of place in a lizard cage.
    Good
    100.00%
    Bad
    0.00%
    No opinion
    0.00%
Working...
X