Agricolea baby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agricolea baby

So I have a pair, just put together this year. They are in a naturalistic tank. A friend of mine told me it took her a couple years to get some eggs, so I haven't paid much attention and according to my husband, I am not allow to breed until we finish the basement.

Well a few week ago I noticed some eggs at the bottom of the tank. So i took out my pair and proceeded to search the entire tank. I ended up finding 3 good eggs and about 4 or 5 bad ones. So of course I am super excited. I set the eggs up and I woke up this morning to discover the cutest thing ever.

Click image for larger version

Name:	EA baby pic 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	1095093Click image for larger version

Name:	E A baby 10.24.14.jpg
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	1095094

So as soon as I could I went to the store and prepared a setup.

Name:	baby setup.jpg
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	1095095

So I really hope this little one does well and that my other 2 eggs hatch too, without my husband noticing
    1.0 Dog; 1.0 Leopard Gecko;10.5 Crested Geckos; 1.1Gargoyle Geckos; 1.3 Sarasinorum; 5.3.7PI Chahoua; 2.2 E. Agricolae; 1.1 Nuu Ana, 0.1 Isle E, 0.2 G. Marginata, 1.0 L. Williamsi And interested in a few others

Make sure for the baby you keep humidity high but wetness low... tupperwear will help there. Congrats!
    Mike
    www.dragontownreptiles.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dragontown View Post
      Make sure for the baby you keep humidity high but wetness low... tupperwear will help there. Congrats!
      Thank you! I followed JB's video about using Tupperware and coffee filters on 2 sides and the top. So hopefully the humidity will stay up.
      1.0 Dog; 1.0 Leopard Gecko;10.5 Crested Geckos; 1.1Gargoyle Geckos; 1.3 Sarasinorum; 5.3.7PI Chahoua; 2.2 E. Agricolae; 1.1 Nuu Ana, 0.1 Isle E, 0.2 G. Marginata, 1.0 L. Williamsi And interested in a few others

Comment

They must have been clutchmates! Baby #2 weighing in at 0.4g baby #1 was btw 0.3 and 0.4g

Name:	AE baby 2 10.25.14.jpg
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	1067122

Comment

i am new to these gex, i ordered a couple babies which will arrive soon. How old are the E. Agricolae before you can tell their gender, and how is your baby doing? did you keep it?

Comment

This is quite an old thread!
            Usually at about 4 months or so, you can loupe the femoral area. Males will show pores by then. Quite easy to tell from the females.
            Kelly @ Tree Devil Geckos
            Producing Awesome Leachianus geckos and Gargoyle geckos since 2017
            http://www.treedevilgeckos.com
            http://facebook.com/treedevilgeckos
            http://www.instagram.com/treedevilgeckos

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshi'smom View Post
              This is quite an old thread!
              Usually at about 4 months or so, you can loupe the femoral area. Males will show pores by then. Quite easy to tell from the females.
              thank you. i saw on youtube someone showed the pores, but i was not sure what age you could tell.

Comment

Originally posted by ColleenTroi View Post
                i am new to these gex, i ordered a couple babies which will arrive soon. How old are the E. Agricolae before you can tell their gender, and how is your baby doing? did you keep it?
                I sold a few and traded a few. I've had hatchlings in 2015 and 2016 as well. I wait to sex mine, simply because some people I know have found pseudo pores on some of their females. But once they are older the males pores are easily to distinguish, even with the naked eye.

Comment

Working...
                X