High yellow Leo pairing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High yellow Leo pairing?

So my high yellow babies are 2 months now. Is it normal for there to be a lighter colored baby with darker ones?

Some of the high yellows will be very spotty and some will be less spotty. The ones that are less spotty often get lighter sooner. The ones that are getting their adult coloring sooner also get lighter sooner. Often geckos will hatch with solid black and yellow bands. It's a normal developmental stage for the black bands to get lighter and fade and then get spotty. Sometimes a gecko will hatch that has more of a brown color to the bands than a black color. Those are often eventually going to loses all their spots and become superhypos.

Aliza

Comment

Oh ok. Thank you for the help. I was hoping the lighter one would be my brighter less spotted one so I'm happy about that but if one hatches and is very dark like even the legs and feet, does that mean it will be very spotted compared to the others?

Comment

It's hard to know. I hatched some babies this season that started out black and are now orange.

Aliza

Comment

Oh, well then. Guess I shall wait and see lol

Comment

Update

Comment

Two new babies 3 weeks old

Comment

Nice looking crew. You may still get some hypos and super hypos out of them, especially the last 2.

Aliza

Comment

Thank you I'm hopeful!

Comment

The one I ended up keeping out of the bunch. Not sure exactly how her tail got kinked as it wasn't that way when she was a baby. But oh well.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice looking gecko. Make sure she's getting enough calcium and vitamin D3.

Aliza

Comment

Originally posted by acpart View Post
                        Nice looking gecko. Make sure she's getting enough calcium and vitamin D3.

Aliza
                        Thank you. She is. That and herptivite multivitamin. Eating dubia & mealworms.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X