More skinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More skinks

Is that a sneider and pink-tongued? Sorry if I'm wrong. Never had a skink before but have been reading a bit about them. I want either a pink-tongued or red-eyed crocodile skink. Those are GORGEOUS!
    3.6.3 Crested Geckos
    0.0.1 Bearded dragon
    0.2.0 Marbled Crayfish
    0.0.1 Axolotl
    1.1.0 Cats (Lightbulb and Paperclip)

Kazzy's Kritters

My iHerp Page
    Middle TN Exotic Pets Club

Comment

Top is Sandfish (Scincus) and an Occilated Skink (Chalcides). Bottom is one of my Pink Tongues. I'll try and take new Croc Skink Photos tommorow.

Comment

Nice Pink Tongue
        Derek Dunlop
        DDReptiles
        www.DDReptiles.net
        Croc's Rule- Steve Irwin

Comment

Oh ok! cool
          3.6.3 Crested Geckos
          0.0.1 Bearded dragon
          0.2.0 Marbled Crayfish
          0.0.1 Axolotl
          1.1.0 Cats (Lightbulb and Paperclip)

Kazzy's Kritters

My iHerp Page
          Middle TN Exotic Pets Club

Comment

Very nice skink!! I think it is funny too see the big blue toungues run on their short stubby legs. It almost makes me think that the blue tounged skink has not evolved from its prehistoric anncestors (I think they were snakes).
            John Barkowski
            1.0.0 Ice/Sandfire Bearded Dragon
            0.1.0 Beagle Terrier
            0.1.0 Toy Chihuahua
            Unless we act now to stop illegal trade, we will eventually find only a dust bowl, emptied of all its forests and animals.

Comment

Other way around the snakes evolved from a varanid like ancestor most likely. Skinks do have a tendency for body elongation though obviously.
              The "blue tongue group" as a whole is pretty advanced. I think you see parental care and monogamy too in some species.

It is funny because they belly slither when they want to move really fast . . .

Comment

I was looking at the Southeastern Alligator Lizard and it looks exactly like a skink. I cant wait to get my hands on a blue tongue.
                John Barkowski
                1.0.0 Ice/Sandfire Bearded Dragon
                0.1.0 Beagle Terrier
                0.1.0 Toy Chihuahua
                Unless we act now to stop illegal trade, we will eventually find only a dust bowl, emptied of all its forests and animals.

Comment

Brian,
                  did you buy your Scincus scincus as imports? Were they easy to acclimate? any breeding sucsess?

Comment

I had a few blue tongues before, I even see a few from time to time, definitely very interesting guys. May have to look into getting some more some time.

Brian you have some very nice skinks!
                    ~Christa~
                    Avalon Reptiles

" If all the beasts were gone man would die from loneliness of spirit... for whatever happens to the beast, happens to the man" -Chief Seattle-

Comment

Alligator lizards are anguids which are related to skinks. They both have bony armor under the skin. Which is one reason they look alike.

Yes, the Scincus were imports. Two were not in the best of shape with hip bones showing, and dehydrated. The bounced back in a few weeks though. Sometimes they have cuts on the snount from trying to "dive" into something solid.

I did get some eggs, but I think it's from being wild. There's a breeding account in "Sauria" which lists specifics of a breeding I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X