Tokay Gecko

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokay Gecko

Hey everyone! I welcomed a new addition to my home yesterday. My mother and I run an animal rescue and he was dropped off. He's in very good shape, very active. He's since eaten. I have him set up in a plastic bin(16 liter) with some hides, an uth, mister, dripper, ect. I will be going to the store tomorrow to get him a permanent tank.
    Does any one have any advice on what type of tank to get? I was thinking of an exo terra front opening one.
    I've had geckos in the past, but my tank I had is cracked, and all the others we have for the rescue are either huge(75g+), or broken.
    All advice is appreciated!

Congrats on your new addition, glad to hear he is doing well
    I have never personally kept Tokays but the link below has some helpful information about them
    http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/...kay&highlight=
    If you choose to go the exo terra route I suggest not buying them from a store. A lot of times the exo terras on craigslist have minimal to no damage and are leagues cheaper than store-bought ones.
    Best of luck
    http://emilyburke.carbonmade.com
    https://www.facebook.com/EmilyBurkeArtwork

Comment

I keep each of mine in an Exo Terra 18x18x24. Mine seem to like dense plants and leaning surfaces; I use cork bark, fake vines and leafy vines, suction-cup plants, pieces of slate, and PVC to make the terrain varied. That being said, there is at least one big, open-air space in each enclosure. They like to jump from one side to the other, seemingly for no reason. I'd love to get something bigger once I get the space and/or cash to make an even bigger enclosure. One of mine loves to hide in his PVC pipe, the other rarely ever hides.

I'll second the poster above on looking at Craigslist. My city always has one or two glass enclosures and a few custom enclosures built for snakes up for pretty cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Bridges View Post
        I keep each of mine in an Exo Terra 18x18x24. Mine seem to like dense plants and leaning surfaces; I use cork bark, fake vines and leafy vines, suction-cup plants, pieces of slate, and PVC to make the terrain varied. That being said, there is at least one big, open-air space in each enclosure. They like to jump from one side to the other, seemingly for no reason. I'd love to get something bigger once I get the space and/or cash to make an even bigger enclosure. One of mine loves to hide in his PVC pipe, the other rarely ever hides.

I'll second the poster above on looking at Craigslist. My city always has one or two glass enclosures and a few custom enclosures built for snakes up for pretty cheap.
        Agreed^, and I keep mine the same way.

I don't know if this is happening in the States as well, but Canada is currently having a sale at Petsmart on all 18x18x24s. Brand new with background, they're still a better deal than anything I've been able to find used (a $10 savings at most).
        ~Cassi

www.facebook.com/NaturesAuraPhotography

Comment

Well, I would buy one off of craigslist. I have already looked, and I live in the boonies. I mean, nearest pet store is 2 hours away! haha. There's nothing on the Craigslist for here unfortunately .
          I have to drive into the town anyways to pick up some stuff which is why I was going to hit up the petstores while there.
          Thanks for all of the advice! Especially on the size.

Comment

Working...
          X