It seemed like a good year to try new species

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seemed like a good year to try new species

The year isn't even half over and I've acquired 3 new species, 2 of which have been long time favorites and I can't wait to breed them. I picked up a pair of Yucatan Banded Geckos (coleonyx elegans) from Hamm and a pair of Peacock Day Geckos (Phelsuma quadriocellata quadriocellata) at a local show. Last is a random species from a buddy of mine that I'm already looking to pair up, paroedura stumpffi.

Male elegans

Female elegans

Male quad

Female quad

Stumpy
    Coleonyx-Correlophus-Eurydactylodes-Mniarogekko-Paroedura-Phelsuma-Rhacodactylus
    ROC Geckos
    Geckos of Madagascar and New Caledonia

Love them all!!!!!!!
    Those elegans are so cool looking
    Andi - Gray Sky Exotics
    www.iHerp.com/Hannibal
    www.facebook.com/andi.vanzant

Comment

The stumpy guy is really cool looking! I like the elegans too, they remind me somewhat of cat geckos. The quads are nice, too!
      1.0.0 R. auriculatus - Quinn
      1.0.0 C. ciliatus - Good Hank
      1.0.0 Mutt - Waldo
      1.2.0 Cats - Oliver, Dharia and Chloe
      iherp.com/sarahberry

Comment

Absolutely adorable Btw, what's the difference between coleonyx elegans and C. mitratus? that one's always puzzled me
        2.5.1 leopard geckos, 1.1 bearded dragons, 1.1 crested geckos, 0.1 Madagascar day gecko, 1.1 tokays, 1.0 cave racer, 1.1 corn snakes, 1.1 northern pine snakes, 1.0 royal python, 1.1 Everglades rat snakes, 1.0 gargoyle gecko.

https://www.facebook.com/SwampysReptiles

Comment

i love the new Phelsumas! but congrats on taking the step and acquiring new species

Comment

Originally posted by Swampy'sReptiles View Post
            Absolutely adorable Btw, what's the difference between coleonyx elegans and C. mitratus? that one's always puzzled me
            Elegans are from Mexico and Belize, mitratus are from a little further south in Central America and stay just a little smaller, although both are tropical coleonyx and kept the same way husbandry-wise. I prefer the color and patterns of elegans, they're a lot rarer in this country.
            Coleonyx-Correlophus-Eurydactylodes-Mniarogekko-Paroedura-Phelsuma-Rhacodactylus
            ROC Geckos
            Geckos of Madagascar and New Caledonia

Comment

Working...
            X