New Adventure- Mountain Horned Dragon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J.Bosley View Post
    If anyone keeps these guys let me know! I want to make sure his setup is correct:
    30 Gallon Tall Tank
    85-90F in the basking area
    UVB light right next to basking light
    Night light for at night to keep it around 70F
    Waterfall for moving water
    Humidity is between 60-90% at all times
    Branches to climb, reptile hammock, log, branch for basking, 2 half logs and a bendy vine

Last night when I put him on the vine he stayed there. When I checked on him this morning he was sitting on his waterfall. He hasn't moved from the waterfall all day! I decided to put him on the reptile hammock under the basking light and he didn't even move from the position he was in when I set him there...so I moved him back to his waterfall. I am just going to leave him for a few days, try feeding him and see if he moves....yikes!
    Congrats on your MHD! I have two of them and have things in the works for another 10 in the fall to start a breeding program here in Ottawa Ontario Canada.

Already been mentioned, but definitely could use some more height. You can do something as simple as what i have done with our Bibron (this is a 15G tank with a 30" 'addition')

Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-05-05 17.28.31.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	1060988

Getting back to the MDHs,

They do NOT need a basking spot. Temperatures over 84F will kill them. However as yours does look a little on the unhealthy side, temps in the 80-82F range would be good. Mine stay in the 76-78F range during the day and drop down around 69-72F at night

I have no experience with those waterfalls, but as stated, something that is easy to disinfect would be the best right now til you get him healthy again.

With the humidity I usually let my enclosures 'dry' for a day or two during the week to prevent mold buildup.

Other than that you got everything, provide lots of vertical/horizontal branches for climbing on, mine spend 95% of their time hanging out on branches near the tops of their tanks.

Again congrats on the MHD!

Comment

Thanks everyone! Mike has been to the vet, no worms, yay! Clean bill of health. Once I set up his fogger, BAM he started eating
      0.0.2 Gargoyle Gecko (Ghost & Buster)
      5.3.1 Crested Geckos (Rupert, Percy, Phillip, Pox, Jekyll, Reesie, Jelly, Olive & Crimson)
      0.0.1 African Fat Tail Gecko (Norman)
      0.1.0 Bearded Dragon (Boo)

Comment

Working...
      X